i wish you well…

April 7, 2011

Maya’s angry and it’s a mystery why…

• Maybe she’s still holding a grudge that I wouldn’t share my blueberry muffin. (Don’t judge – if you’d tasted it you wouldn’t have either.)
  • Maybe it’s because I yelled – for the millionth time – that no, she could NOT have a playdate (still hate that word) with a random kid she met at the park.
  • Maybe it’s because Ali finally pushed her over the edge as he badgered her with his video camera for 10 hours on the slopes. I think all of Lake Tahoe could hear her scream, “Stop it Dad! I said stop taking pictures and videos of me!” (I know I should have told her not to talk to her father like that but frankly, I too wanted Ali’s video camera to disappear with all my being.)

Anyway, I wish I really cared what Maya’s issue is but I have too many of my own to worry about. And in any case it appears to be too late because Maya is moving on.

Translation: Ameena and Ali I hope you have a great marriage and a great life.

For what it’s worth Maya, I wish you well in “lif” and I hope you eventually have a “grat mereg” too.

But most of all, I hope – no I pray – that one day you learn how to spell.

1. April 7, 2011 2:01 am

Aww tough day for Maya – but I love that drawing! You look very happy in the picture! (Did she by any chance cross out Mom and write Ameena instead?? Looks like it..so funny!) Sad she’s moving on already, but hey what can you do… 😉

2. April 7, 2011 2:23 am

Now these are the things that you keep not all that crazy art work that they seem to manufacture like they are getting paid for it.

I am happy that she is concerned for the state of your marriage. All children should be so aware.

I wait and get my muffin after I drop all the kids off. I figure it is saving me on therapy bills because no way am I sharing!

3. April 7, 2011 2:48 am

haha that is the sweetest thing ever 😀 …

4. April 7, 2011 3:20 am

That is so cute – haha are her bags packed?

5. April 7, 2011 3:37 am

Aww, that is too cute!

6. April 7, 2011 3:39 am

That will be my daughter when she can actually verbalize her feelings. For now, she just screams 😉

7. April 7, 2011 3:57 am

love the ritz stationery 🙂 my dad used to always bring those pads back from business trips, and it was even better when we got to go with him!

8. April 7, 2011 4:05 am

Awww, so cute!!! We used to get so annoyed with my dad about the video camera obsession too (still do sometimes), but now, whenever we’re home, all we want to do is watch home videos. Funny how that works out!

9. April 7, 2011 4:11 am

She’s going to one day laugh at all the video from that trip… one day years from now… ha ha

10. April 7, 2011 4:17 am

Awwww…such a cute drawing! Haha, I love how y’all are holding each other. It’s very Romeo and Juliet 🙂

11. April 7, 2011 4:30 am

Geez., I’m kind of sympathising with Maya over that videoing business., there are videos in this family that should never EVER see the light of day 🙂

12. April 7, 2011 4:41 am

HAHA! That note is so adorable, bad spelling and all! My husband constantly takes videos and pictures of my daughter too. I suspect his interest lies more in using the gadget than capturing memorable moments! 😀 It used to be real bad when my daughter was younger, and the digital camera was relatively new. My husband would occasionally play these videos for me, and sometimes I felt like pulling my hair out! Because it would just be 10 to 15 minutes of my daughter sitting around doing absolutely nothing! I couldn’t outright tell him that, even for me, the person who had given birth to this child, this video was so boring! So, I would tell him, “This is something that only a parent could love. You know that right? Please don’t post it on YouTube!” yeah, he is prone to do that too! hehe MEN!

13. April 7, 2011 4:44 am

haha! This is great. I saved all those from Ethan too. I have another one I plan on sharing on my blog soon, its soooo funny!

And Ameena, you and Ali really need to increase your bodyfat. Being that skinny can’t possibly be good for you. 😀

Really though that is such a sweet picture. She obviously felt bad about fussing. Maybe she’ll give you guys a break next time. 🙂

14. April 7, 2011 5:02 am

Haha! Kids write the darndest things!

At least even in her frustration, she is still thinking of the well being of mom and dad. She’s sweet…and smart 🙂

15. April 7, 2011 5:30 am

Aww how sweet! What a forgiving girl you have ; )

16. April 7, 2011 5:48 am

I am laughing out loud at work. I mean, that is just AWESOME.

17. eva626 permalink
    April 7, 2011 6:35 am

she is so cute!!!! i love when kids misspell words and spell them how they say them…adorable!

18. April 7, 2011 6:39 am

You know, I bet she’s most peeved about the blueberry muffin. I know I would be. 😉

19. April 7, 2011 6:42 am

So cute. Maya is such a lovely girl. Come on, even after the blueberry muffin incident she made this note.

I’m sure Maya will look at her videos and thank her dad one day. But don’t expect her to forget that you did not share the blueberry muffin.

20. April 7, 2011 7:07 am

Hahaha! I had to really laugh at reason #1 because there were many times where I’ve asked K if she wanted a taste of any of my food just for the sake of asking, but secretly hoping she wouldn’t like it so I can have it all to myself. I know, mother of the year right here. Most of the time I lose and end up buying or making two so I don’t have to share with her. Way to teach my children about sharing, right? Whatever, that’s why there are 2 parents :-D.

21. April 7, 2011 7:14 am

awww, bless her. That note is so cute.

Hopefully, Maya’s “anger” will dissipate soon and she won’t go through the “teen angst” phase when she gets older. hehe.

22. April 7, 2011 7:28 am

My parents constantly took pics of my as a child and now I wish they did it for the blogg 🙂
    Bahaha, I kinda adore Maya, is she passive aggressive?

23. April 7, 2011 7:40 am

haha awww!! Maya is too cute.

I love so much that you wont share your food – I know Im going to be the exact same way, and its nice to know theres someone else who understands. 🙂

24. April 7, 2011 7:47 am

hahahahaha. please continue to share maya’s writing and pictures. this is too CUTE!

P.S. gotta love the ritz carlton. 🙂

25. April 7, 2011 7:53 am

This is the funniest thing I have seen in a while. She’s got some attitude! I love it.

26. April 7, 2011 8:13 am

LMAO. oh thanks for making me laugh this morning. maya is quite the gem. what prompted her to even write that?

so is the kissing stick figure you and ali or is that her and her new hubby? i must know!

27. April 7, 2011 8:20 am

Ha ha ha ha. Thanks for the translation. I was lost. Okay, that’s adorable.

28. April 7, 2011 8:24 am

ROFL laughing!!! Oh Maya just reminded of myself I used to do that all the time. Write on paper and stick it all over the house on mom’s well maintained walls. Things like ” Thank you for life till 10 – Now I’m on my own” LOL And as you can imagine – no one cared for the letter but the wall. And I learned spelling too. So will Maya.

29. April 7, 2011 8:46 am

Too funny! It’s good to know that she thinks you guys are happily married and hug all the time. 🙂

30. April 7, 2011 8:47 am

Oh… and you are tall and skinny! She should get credit for that!

31. April 7, 2011 8:49 am

That is the funniest thing! It is so hilarious once kids learn how to spell. My brother is 7 and writes us notes about everything now!

32. April 7, 2011 8:58 am

Heh, that’s the most classy goodbye I have ever seen 🙂

33. April 7, 2011 9:40 am

haha hey at least she wrote a goodbye letter!! when i was younger i would just take the dog and “leave”.

34. April 7, 2011 10:14 am

Maya is too cute! She has your sense of humor 😉

35. April 7, 2011 12:48 pm

She reminds me so much of my own 6 year old diva it’s frightening! The same one who asked if we could move into a castle and if not can she have an iPad instead.

36. April 7, 2011 12:51 pm

Oh man… girls … My little Maya has tough days but not as tough as her tween sister… I wish I could tell you that lif gets better but not with hormones.

37. April 7, 2011 1:16 pm

Oh well, you’ve got to be ‘grat-ful’ she got the family right – Ameena, Ali and I. Might’ve wondered who her parents were, otherwise! By the way, wondering if that’s what her accent sounds like…

38. April 7, 2011 1:32 pm

oh my word, that’s precious. i don’t think you’re a good parent until your children wish you out of their lives… 🙂 i know i did with my parents every now and again, and i think i turned out OK.

39. April 7, 2011 1:59 pm

Thanks for the much needed laugh. I love how kids spell.

40. April 7, 2011 2:39 pm

Haha I love that picture…and what she wrote…priceless. Kids can be so funny sometimes. Especially when they aren’t vomiting or trying to steal your muffin!

41. April 7, 2011 3:06 pm

What a gracious resignation letter. Do you have plans for her room yet? I kid. You should be proud of how spunky she is. No one will evet walk all over her for sure, lest they too get a pink slip. 🙂

42. April 7, 2011 4:31 pm

Ameena, this gave me a chuckle. I do wonder what her notes will be like when she gets older. Is this a preview of coming attactions? Hope you had a great time at the slopes.

43. April 7, 2011 5:15 pm

I think that Maya and I may have hailed from the same artistic school as pups.

Maybe this is psycho, but I did double-check to make sure that she spelled “grat” the same way both times.

You should probably frame that and save that for when she’s 15.

• April 7, 2011 7:00 pm

I did the same thing! Kudos to Maya…at least she’s consistent!

44. April 7, 2011 6:07 pm

Bahahahaha. This is awesome. At least she’s super creative and funny.

45. April 7, 2011 6:24 pm

awwww!!! haha!! that is the cutest thing ever.
    please keep that to show her when she gets older.

46. Janelle permalink
    April 7, 2011 6:27 pm

Priceless.

47. April 7, 2011 6:33 pm

Promise that you’ll keep this for forever. She’ll laugh hysterically one day. And feel a little guilty.

PS: I wouldn’t have shared the muffin either.

48. April 7, 2011 11:16 pm

OMG..she’s so cute.I already want to meet your little girl someday.I have this 6 year old cousin [okay I m quite embarassed to admit that], who wrote a letter to her parents a month back that she’s leaving home…full of spelling mistakes too.Children are too cute.I hope you would treasure this one for a long time.Okay before I get really emotional, I ll stop 🙂
    Have a nice weekend!

49. April 8, 2011 2:45 am

I love their spelling before they can spell, is that overly sympathetic? Sometimes it does stick to have to share things but I bet she’s most mad about the muffin, I would be.

50. April 8, 2011 3:09 am

How cute!! I love the note Maya wrote, priceless 🙂

51. April 8, 2011 4:17 am

I love it! It says something about your mereg that even your stick figures are hugging. That is love.

I hate sharing food… and my one-day children will have to get used to it too!

52. April 8, 2011 7:07 am

that is precious. way too precious. at least she’s attempting to spell. when i was her age i remember scribbling “script” and then getting mad that no one could read it.

53. April 8, 2011 8:27 am

This is so sweet! And, I love that she portrays all the hugging and loving. 🙂 What a sweet sweet note.

54. Katherine: Unemployed permalink
    April 8, 2011 8:37 am

precious struggles; best wishes and keep your chin up!

55. April 8, 2011 9:33 am

I can’t stop laughing. That is equally funny, sweet and endearing. She is a sharp little girl and that definitely needs to be framed or stored in a safe place for a long, long time. What an awesome picture and note.

56. April 8, 2011 7:19 pm

I am again laughing so hard I can barley type…I guess it’s mean to laugh as I am sure it seems like a major event to her. But so cute still.
    Have a great weekend

57. April 8, 2011 8:26 pm

Well, that’s my fremd for ya.

58. April 9, 2011 7:49 am

That’s so cute! Mine get angry and I don’t know why either. I just make sure we have a few decent snacks in the house and I wait it out!

59. April 9, 2011 6:34 pm

SUCH a cute note! We were doing some Spring cleaning at my parents’ house a few weeks ago and found all these notes my little sister wrote that my mom saved. My favorite was, “dear mom, you are verry butiful. and a realy good mom”. So priceless!

60. April 9, 2011 7:13 pm

lol that picture is great! In one of my classes, we’re learning about how to analyze family drawings that children do (children are often asked to draw their families in a forensic setting, or for family therapy). Long legs with grounded feet “indicates that the child seeks security” according to my textbook. LOL!
    I really doubt the validity of these interpretations but they are kind of hilarious.

61. April 10, 2011 11:13 am

I think you should totally keep that adorable picture for when Maya’s in high school and whip that baby out when she least suspects. She may not like it when she’s 16, but she’ll love it when she’s 26 🙂 On the plus side, she spelled your name and Ali’s name right! And don’t worry, the “e’s” on the end of words will make their appearance at some point 😉

(BTW, I had to laugh at your recap of you skiing trip. The look on Ali’s face as he stuffs his iPhone in his pocket is priceless!)

62. April 10, 2011 2:35 pm

Hahaha, love it. I think I wouldn’t know what to say if my kid asked me for a play-date. Perhaps I would look for my kid’s battery pack to try to re-program that phrase out of her vocabulary. 😉

63. April 10, 2011 4:48 pm

I think your daughter and mine are one the same spelling wavelength. My girl also spells hope “hop,” but on top of that spells you “yw.” haha

64. April 10, 2011 5:30 pm

that’s SO cute!!

65. April 10, 2011 8:25 pm

aaawww .. Maya will definitely have the laugh of the life when she those videos later in life 🙂 Very cute picture she drew!

66. April 11, 2011 6:30 pm

save it. it will make you all smile after a few years:-) these are the priceless treasures of “lif”.

67. April 12, 2011 5:32 pm

Oh to learn to spell.

That takes the fun out of things, doesn’t it?

68. April 17, 2011 1:40 pm

hahahahahaha, ROLF, so cute!!!!!

69. April 21, 2011 5:20 pm

I remember running away from home. I hid in the bushes in the back yard. You should be happy she can write at all. When I was her age I was just trying to not eat paste.