a weekend on the slopes
Question of the Day: What does the worlds most uncoordinated person do when stranded in Lake Tahoe with a kid that won’t stop asking if she can go skiing/have a snack/go for a swim/watch TV and a husband who skis with a pole in one hand and his iPhone in the other?
Answer: She zones out. And in the process thinks too much about useless crap.
So here are my latest and greatest “pearls of wisdom” from our weekend on the slopes…
- Ski clothes make me look the Michelin man.
- I will never again sign up for a 3 hour snowshoeing expedition.
- I will instead enjoy the snow peaked caps from the safety of my hotel gym treadmill.
- Just because breakfast buffets have 50 choices doesn’t mean I have to have all 50 choices.
- Same goes for a dinner buffet.
- Getting a child in and out of a ski suit for bathroom breaks is reason enough not to go skiing.
And one other super important pearl of wisdom? When your husband proudly walks around with an Internet connection glowing in his shirt pocket…
It’s time to go home.