braces

September 14, 2016

Maya got her braces today. But don’t worry, this isn’t a post about that!

(This also isn’t a post about the fact that I could buy a first class around-the-world ticket for the price of Maya’s braces. I’ll save that for another day.)

img_4194

A trip to Toronto….pre-braces but smack in the middle of my fractured foot.

No, this post highlights the text exchange that occurred between my husband and I, while he was at Maya’s appointment.

Ali: “The orthodontist asked me to wait outside.”

Me: “Maybe you’re making him nervous?”

Ali: “No way. I only focus my energy to agitate you and nobody else.”

Me: “Well at least you give it your all.”

Ali: “Absolutely. This is the one thing I don’t half ass.”

img_4189

I hobbled with my broken foot to take this picture near the CN Tower. Just couldn’t find the energy to go any further.

The takeaway: My husband admittedly have asses everything except when it comes to agitating me. At which point he gives 110%.

So while this isn’t the most interesting thing that’s happened since my last post over a month ago (Highlights – a broken foot, a trip to Toronto, Maya and Ali buying a pull up mechanism that attractively hangs over the door frame) it certainly is the most enlightening.

And probably the most hilarious.

1. September 14, 2016 9:35 am

I love that would it’s as witty as you are! And good luck with your poor foot

• September 16, 2016 7:06 am

Thank you Andrea…seems like this foot thing will never end!

2. September 14, 2016 11:47 am

heheh this was cute.
    Hope your foot is better

3. September 14, 2016 5:21 pm

Hope you are recovering ..Take care..

• September 16, 2016 7:07 am

Apparently recovery is long…but it’s not getting worse so that’s good I guess?

4. Jessie E. permalink
    September 15, 2016 8:14 am

I’m sorry to hear about your foot! I hope it’s mending quickly!!

This exchange was hilarious. At least Ali admits it!

• September 16, 2016 7:08 am

Admitting the problem is the first step, right?

Thank you J! 🙂

5. September 16, 2016 10:08 am

If you and your spouse don’t piss each other at some point throughout the day, you’re doing it wrong. #marriagetruths
    But seriously, I literally laughed out loud at my desk reading this because I can completely relate it back to me and REB. Since I’ve now laughed out loud (LITERALLY), my coworkers know I’ve shied away from my work for a few minutes, because nothing about my actual work is hilarious. I blame you and your hilarity, but I also adore you and thank you. Catch-22 😉 ❤

• September 16, 2016 7:55 pm

You always leave the best comments A! Thank you for understanding my humor and my marriage. ☺