a free pass

August 9, 2016

I love London. I love everything about London.

Except the prices (although I guess I can’t complain about the current exchange rate).

IMG_3960

Tea Time. With lots of scones. And jam. And butter.

And the fact that the drizzle sometimes never seems to end (which means my hair is even more uncontrollable than usual.)

Oh, and the fact that Ali and Maya help out EVEN LESS than they do in NYC.

IMG_3979

Maya was reunited with her dog Brooklyn.

Not sure why they think that being in London gives them a free pass, but they do.

They throw their stuff everywhere, they don’t put their dishes away, they expect me to do laundry every 5 minutes, and at one point I even scraped something sketchy off the kitchen floor.

(Nobody took responsibility for the sketchy item so this is still a mystery.)

IMG_3967

They entertained each other for HOURS. It was phenomenal.

Ali and Maya left a day earlier than me (somehow the three of us are never on the same flight). This led to me embarking on another fury of laundry, cleaning, and organizing.

And after the dust settled, and I sat back to enjoy the quiet and very orderly flat, all I could think about was the fact that I actually missed them.

So I guess I can’t live with them, but can’t live without them?

1. August 9, 2016 7:49 am

That always seems to be the way it goes, doesn’t it? πŸ™‚

2. August 9, 2016 8:34 am

Oh, London…as I am in the midst of ogling everything in my recently acquired Great British Bake-Off cookbook I am listing after some cloudy skies and scones…

3. August 9, 2016 9:05 am

I suppose it’s OK to miss them. I mean, I’d miss that cute pup too πŸ˜‰
    Kidding. Glad your travels are going well! πŸ™‚

• August 9, 2016 4:41 pm

I don’t really miss the dog, if I’m being honest. It’s just too messy for my OCD self. πŸ™‚

4. August 9, 2016 2:29 pm

im sooo happy to see Maya and Brooklyn bonding πŸ™‚ the gum must have been from Brooklyn πŸ˜›

• August 9, 2016 4:41 pm

That’s pretty funny actually…anything is possible!

5. August 9, 2016 9:56 pm

I think we need to get you new hobbies so you can have fun when they are gone. Knitting maybe? Or retail therapy? Although missing them is probably healthy, as slobby as they are.

• August 10, 2016 6:42 am

I’ve seriously been thinking of taking up knitting, especially since I fly so often and this might be a way to pass the time. I wonder if knitting needles are allowed on a plane?

6. August 14, 2016 9:56 pm

It’s the magic of London! πŸ™‚

7. August 22, 2016 6:11 pm

I don’t think I want to know what the sketchy item was, but I feel for you 😦 The pictures of Maya and Brooklyn are super cute, though! Also, knitting needles are definitely allowed on a plane! I’ve brought needles on many times.

• August 22, 2016 7:28 pm

Good to know about the knitting needles!! I could have used them yesterday as I sat on the runway for hours trying to get back to NYC.

8. September 5, 2016 10:26 pm

I miss London tea time, the scones, omg, nothing here has even come close. Maya and the dog look really cute together.