leftovers

October 13, 2016

We went to lunch on Sunday.

I ordered crab cakes, which were delicious, except that they arrived in a pool of mayonnaise.

Mayonnaise makes me nauseous.

I ate the non-infected top of one crab cake and asked for a second replacement crab cake (sans mayonnaise) to go.

img_4384

Random picture … BEFORE the crab cake debacle.

I sent my precious take away box home with Ali and Maya so I could check out the Friends and Family sale at Bloomingdale’s.

While purchasing these shoes I contemplated texting Ali to make sure he put the leftovers in the fridge.

But then I told myself I needed to stop being so controlling.

I told myself that even my husband would recognize the necessity of food safety, especially when it came to seafood.

img_4386

And another.

I got home a few hours later and nearly tripped over my takeout container, which was sitting 2 inches from the front door.

I suppressed many swear words and threw my perfect, no-mayo crab cake in the trash.

I opened the fridge and noticed that Ali’s Magnolia banana pudding – which he’d apparently purchased on his way home – was front and center and properly refrigerated.

I didn’t speak to Ali for hours.

img_4425

Maya has braces!

The takeaway: I need to do EVERYTHING myself. And that now includes ensuring proper refrigeration.

1. Yasmin permalink
    October 13, 2016 11:54 pm

I would have completely lost it. Cudos on keeping a calm disposition. 😉
    People say controlling is a bad thing. I say that it just ensures things get done! So therefore I shall stick to controlling thank you very much. 😁

• October 15, 2016 7:57 pm

I love your thinking…couldn’t agree with you more Y!!

2. October 15, 2016 7:09 am

Oh no! 😦 I would have lost my temper very easily at that. Maya looks happy on the photos 🙂

3. October 21, 2016 8:01 am

Uncool, Ali, uncool. I don’t eat meat, but I remember crab cakes. I remember the glory of then. I remember the price of then. I remember that if made ride, they aren’t to wasted or taken lightly. Also, mayo is gross. I openly judge people who claim to like it, and eat it.

• October 21, 2016 8:14 pm

I’m so glad you agree that mayo is gross!! Now we can grab lunch with no mayo-related disagreements. ☺

4. hcoving permalink
    October 24, 2016 1:39 pm

I would be majorly annoyed and I despise mayonnaise too. It’s the epitome of gross!

• October 24, 2016 8:22 pm

I thought I was in the minority about the mayo! I’m glad I’m not the only one.

5. Meggin permalink
    January 19, 2017 1:44 am

Miss your sarcasm! Post soon!

• January 20, 2017 5:19 pm

Meggin – it’s been a while…I wasn’t sure anyone really cared! I’m going to try to drum up some sarcasm soon…

6. ittakestime permalink
    February 13, 2017 8:43 pm

Where art thou? Missing you here!

• February 16, 2017 7:31 am

It’s been so long! I’m trying to get back to it. ☺ Thanks for sticking around!!