dirty laundry

August 12, 2015

Last week, while in Los Angeles, Ali received a Fedex from Florida containing his laundry.

Confused? Well so am I.

Sporting Virgin Atlantic's matching pajamas. And good hair!

On our way to London, sporting Virgin Atlantic’s matching pajamas. And good hair for a change!

Here’s what I know:

• Supposedly another woman didn’t send these items.
  • Apparently Ali forgot his dirty clothes while at one of his ubiquitous conferences, and the Hilton in Orlando so kindly forwarded them along. At their own expense.
  • Not only did the Hilton forward his abandoned laundry, but they CLEANED everything first. At their own expense.
Walking around after eating A TON of Indian food at Masala Zone.

Walking around after eating A TON of Indian food at Masala Zone.

I also know that since Ali’s Fedex delivery, my husband has left additional dirty clothes in Los Angeles and a few pieces in New York (he was there about 24 hours).

We are now in London, where there are piles of identical khaki’s, all of questionable dry cleaning status, EVERYWHERE.

A trip to the countryside...it involved a taxi driver that nearly killed us all and an almost missed train back to London.

A trip to the countryside…it involved a taxi driver that nearly killed us all and an almost missed train back to London.

I have loads of questions, a few doubts, and lots of complaints (of course) but in order to minimize your boredom, I will just say this:

I have so much love for the Orlando Hilton. So much love.

1. August 12, 2015 3:22 am

Hmm, I’m thinking you should do no more laundry. Ever. Just take a lot of forgetful trips to Orlando…

• August 13, 2015 2:55 am

I think you are on to something here…I’m actually completely fine with Ali making Orlando his primary residence…

2. August 12, 2015 3:28 am

Your hair looks perfect in all the pics Ameena and Maya can never have a bad hair day. In fact you all look perfect. Enjoy your stay in London

• August 13, 2015 2:56 am

Thank you Maha! There is something about the water in London that agrees with my hair…

3. August 12, 2015 9:13 am

Please continue to eat all the scones in my honor (and because they are delicious). The laundry bit is an example of top notch customer service, and I love it. Well done, Orlando Hilton!

• August 13, 2015 2:56 am

So far I’ve just had one scone…but I still have some time here. Will eat more in your honor!

4. August 12, 2015 10:30 am

At least it was a hotel that sent the “dirty laundry”. Walk or lunch or tea in Sept please.

• August 13, 2015 2:57 am

Looking forward to seeing you in Sept! It’s been too long…

5. August 12, 2015 10:31 am

Way to go Hilton Orlando. Maybe they can just do ALL of Ali’s laundry from now on!

Enjoy London. Say hi to Kate for me!

• August 13, 2015 2:57 am

Love this idea! Whatever I can do to minimize the laundry is completely fine in my book…

6. seana permalink
    August 12, 2015 12:09 pm

Too funny. Glad they came back clean. My husband has a pile of clothes on the floor in our bedroom. For no reason. Plus the empty suitcase from our last trip 2 weeks ago. Seriously. Put the suitcase upstairs, it’s like 15 steps up. I’m in shock they paid to return Ali’s clothes. I had had to pay $10 for a hotel to return my glasses I lost. Men…..

• August 13, 2015 2:59 am

I am really amazed at the customer service in Orlando…I think Ali must be a good customer.

Empty suitcases just drive me BANANAS!! I feel your pain.

7. Jessie E. permalink
    August 12, 2015 2:08 pm

Wow, that is service! Is it awful that I’m not surprised by this story (although still absolutely hilarious)? πŸ˜‰ Your pics are all gorgeous!

• August 13, 2015 2:59 am

Thank you Jessie!! I appreciate the kind comment. πŸ™‚

8. August 12, 2015 4:52 pm

What amazing customer service. You must have been so confused by that package. Back to London!! Have a fun trip.

9. August 13, 2015 12:00 am

Now that is customer service! I’m not surprised that you would be happier by this than Ali πŸ˜‰

• August 13, 2015 3:00 am

Ali doesn’t appreciate good customer service like I do, mostly because he doesn’t get so mad at bad customer service like I do! πŸ™‚

10. August 13, 2015 7:50 am

I can’t believe they took the trouble to send them back, and cleaned at that. That’s way over and above the call of duty! πŸ™‚

11. August 15, 2015 6:33 am

Your husband is legend. Simple as that!