15 years

June 10, 2015

I vividly recall standing in my parent’s garage, approximately 15 years ago, screaming the following at Ali, via telephone:

“You CANNOT invite any more people to the wedding. We already have 410 guests. If you invite one more person, they’ll have to take your seat, because the seating chart is DONE.”

(If you are wondering, I was in the garage because our house was full of wedding guests and I couldn’t find another quiet space to scream at Ali.)

Lunch at Quality Meats, where the meat isn't actually quality.

Lunch at Quality Meats, where the meat isn’t actually quality.

Fast forward to today, our 15th wedding anniversary.

We went out to lunch to celebrate. (My food was fantastic but Ali sent his steak back twice and then finally sent it back for good.)

We didn’t get each other any gifts. (No jewelry or light bulbs, for which I am grateful.)

I cooked dinner. (I figured we might as well have a bad meal at home instead of paying for one like we did at lunch.)

So the day was fairly uneventful. But the good news is that I didn’t scream at Ali today.

Although it’s only 7:12 pm so there’s still time to remedy that…

1. June 10, 2015 8:51 pm

Happy Anniversary!!! )))) xx

2. Heather permalink
    June 10, 2015 10:36 pm

Happy Anniversary!

3. June 11, 2015 1:05 am

Fifteen years! Damn girl. Although if Ali isn’t trained yet, there is no hope. Sorry.

4. June 11, 2015 1:13 am

Happy 15 years of togetherness !! πŸ™‚ Ammena, God bless. You both look good together and your blog are really interesting to read. Keep going, gal ! πŸ™‚

5. June 11, 2015 1:43 am

Happy anniversary!!

6. June 11, 2015 3:21 am

Happy anniversary dear..Wishing you many more in future…

7. seana permalink
    June 11, 2015 7:48 am

Congrats! 410 guests? My head is spinning just thinking about it. Ali only sent his food back 3 times ? πŸ™‚

• June 11, 2015 3:27 pm

Ali isn’t usually so picky but when it comes to steak all bets are off…

8. June 11, 2015 7:58 am

happy anniversary, 410 guests I’d be screaming too? our 17th (I think it’s 17…yup 1998) is Sat.

9. June 11, 2015 8:23 am

Happy Anniversary – may you have many more. Amen

10. June 11, 2015 11:38 am

I wonder – who now screams at who in the garage?

• June 11, 2015 3:28 pm

We no longer have a garage, but I have no problem screaming at Ali from any room of our apartment…

11. June 11, 2015 11:58 am

Aww happy anniversary to you and your hubby, girl!! πŸ™‚

12. June 11, 2015 1:11 pm

Happy Anniversary! πŸ™‚ Here’s to many many more years and many many more stories!

13. Jessie E. permalink
    June 11, 2015 2:36 pm

Happy Anniversary! Here’s to many more opportunities for future yelling πŸ˜‰ And 410 guests … that’s hard to even think about!!

• June 11, 2015 3:29 pm

Thanks Jessie! I appreciate the nice comment, as always!

14. Jessie E. permalink
    June 11, 2015 2:37 pm

Also wanted to add that your hair looks amazing!!

15. June 11, 2015 3:12 pm

Happy Anniversary Ameena! Your anniversary sounds simple and sweet. Here is to many more years of bliss!

16. mona permalink
    June 11, 2015 6:43 pm

Happy anniversary πŸ™‚ God bless you guys. Amen

17. June 12, 2015 12:57 am

Heh, i went to one of those weddings this past weekend. Didn’t know the bride or the groom but I brought a gift so does that count? And for what it’s worth, that anniversary sounds just perfect. Happy Anniversary friend!

• June 12, 2015 12:41 pm

You didn’t know the bride or the groom? Were they a friend of a friend of a friend? LOL

18. June 12, 2015 2:40 am

Happy Anniversary! Wow, 15 years… that’s amazing. Well done to you both, and here’s to many more!!

19. June 12, 2015 7:34 am

Happy Anniversary, Ameena!!! You guys are adorable. No yelling by 7:12 p.m. is an accomplishment in any house!

20. June 13, 2015 6:42 am

Happy Anniversary!!! Ours four year was on June 11th! Fifteen years is a big milestone so congratulations to you both! πŸ™‚ I can definitely relate to your anniversary lunch date. Last year, we went to Grand Lux… it wasn’t very “grand” at all. 😦 We plan on going for a special dinner tomorrow night and I have read the reviews and researched the menu before picking the place, so let’s cross our fingers… otherwise it’ll have to be takeout on the way home! haha.

• June 13, 2015 7:13 pm

I used to love Grand Lux! The bread alone filled me it, it was so delicious.

A Happy Anniversary to you as well Reshma!

21. June 23, 2015 3:46 pm

Happy Anniversary! After 15 years, it really is all about the little things. Simple is good!

22. Jehanara Haider permalink
    June 26, 2015 4:45 pm

Ameena, I just discovered your blog. Your posts are so genuine and funny. Keep up the good work. I am looking forward to reading new posts “regularly”. Happy anniversary!!

• June 27, 2015 5:41 am

Thank you for the kind comment Jehanara! Reading this just made my EARLY morning so much better. πŸ™‚

23. July 7, 2015 3:17 pm

I hope you had a lovely anniversary with no shouting involved at all in the end πŸ˜‰