Ali’s been on a marathon business trip for the last 2 weeks. This means that for the past two weeks I:
- Didn’t move the sugar bowl even once.
- Ate scrambled eggs thirteen out of fourteen nights (we had Chipotle one night…I really lived it up).
- Had our shoebox sized bathroom all to myself.
- Didn’t wash a single pair of someone’s thermals.
- Made the bed in one second flat (the trick is to occupy a tiny corner, don’t untuck the sheet, and use a separate blanket).
- Smashed my foot in a revolving door (this has nothing to do with Ali being gone but I felt the need to incorporate it into this post. Apparently I need a lesson in how to use a revolving door).
And most interestingly, I had zero problems handling Maya by myself. For two straight weeks. She was literally an angel.
We’re talking Best Behavior Ever.
After week one I was so confused by her good behavior that I actually asked her, “Why are you such a good girl when dad’s away, but when he’s here you don’t listen, you whine incessantly, and complain about everything?”
She thought about it for a second, said, “I really don’t know,” and then she laughed.
Points for honesty I guess?