So yes, I missed another week of posting.
Veering from The Schedule? It’s a slippery slope I tell you. Once you start it’s easy to just keep going….
But I have good reasons for my lack of posting!
Because in addition to a rather unusually large workload, and a substantial amount of time having a “difference of opinion” with Maya, I’ve also been busy putting away the sugar bowl like it’s my full-time job.
Yes, my friends, Ali and I have now developed a new point of contention: the fact that he finds it impossible to put the sugar container away.
Here’s how things go:
- Ali makes tea and the sugar bowl finds its way out of the cupboard and on to the kitchen counter.
- Ali drops sugar on the counter. He doesn’t clean it up. (Another post.)
- Ali leaves the spoon on the counter. He doesn’t clean that up either. (Another post.)
- Finally Ali pronounces his tea perfect, leaves the sugar bowl on the counter, and walks away.
- I walk in, curse, and put the sugar bowl away.
- 3.5 – 4 hours later my caffeine-addicted husband starts the process all over again.
This “ailment” came out of nowhere and despite an admirable amount of patience on my part, it doesn’t seem to be curable.
The interesting part of this whole situation? I’m fairly certain Ali has no idea he keeps leaving the sugar out and that I keep putting it away. He’ll read this post and say, “What at you talking about? I don’t leave the sugar out.”
Here’s what I know: He’ll put the sugar bowl away for the next few days. Maybe even a few weeks! But then, as time progresses, the sugar bowl will return back to its spot on the counter.
And we’re full circle to that slippery slope…