a whole lot going on
There’s so much going on right now that I don’t know if I’m coming or going. But due to my OCD issues, a weekly post has to happen, even if it has to happen in bullet points.
- We are in NY right now trying to find a place to live. I am mystified by the concept of what brokers call a “3 bedroom flex.” A dining room is not a bedroom. And no pressurized wall will make it so. Ever.
- Also, I don’t get why we can only rent a place 30 days out. How do people plan things? The uncertainty of everything is killing me.
- $465 a month for a parking spot? Baffling.
- Monday marked 13 blissful years of marriage.
- Instead of a gift I made a valiant attempt at not being bossy. I failed, just as we all knew I would.
- Ali made me a handmade card because he forgot to buy me a real one. Just as we all knew he would.
- We ate at David Burke Kitchen, in between viewing “flex” rooms and galley kitchens. The Pretzel Crab Cake sort of made up for everything.
- Maya is driving us nuts. We keep buying her candy and books to make her stop. It isn’t working.
- My email inbox is overwhelming me.
- I need to educate myself on rain appropriate footwear because I just ruined a brand new pair of shoes. Suggestions?
So obviously there are a million things going on and there isn’t a moment to breathe. But the truth is that I wouldn’t change a single thing about anything right now.