It’s obvious that I’m in the minority when it comes to not particularly loving Los Angeles.
I base this on the fact that another gazillion people moved here last year and seem to love everything about L.A.
I can’t really put my finger on what it is about this city that I am not a fan of. Because really, when one overlooks the:
- Horrendous traffic at all hours of the day and night,
- Fact that everyone has perfect hair (which obviously gives me a ridiculous complex about mine),
- Earthquakes that seem to occur more and more frequently,
- Crazy drivers who think they are above all laws,
- Smog (that is at least partially responsible for my eczema),
- Lack of seasons,
- Non-walkability factor,
- Lack of public transportation,
- Scary fights over parking spaces,
- Fact that valet parking must be a budgeted line item….
…and looks at the good things instead, like:
- the fact we have True Food Kitchen,
- and ?
…this city really isn’t so bad after all.
In any case, I’m thinking that my unpopular opinions about Los Angeles are now irrelevant. Why? Because we’re moving to NYC this summer.