cookies

December 13, 2011

When my husband wants a cookie he does the following:

He goes into the kitchen, he digs out three Oreos, and he eats each of them in two bites while standing over the kitchen counter. Afterwards he exits the kitchen (leaving crumbs everywhere of course) and proceeds with the rest of his day.

When I want a cookie…well let’s just say that it’s a process. And here was my thought process yesterday:

• I haven’t craved sugar in a while…why do I suddenly want a cookie? Especially on a Monday? Random.
  • Do I want a sugar cookie? Chocolate chip? A biscotti? Maybe what I really want are some frozen peaches.
  • I had the frozen peaches. I still want a cookie.
  • Aside from Ali’s Oreos – which I don’t like – we have nothing containing sugar at home. Nothing!Β Is the horrendous parking situation at Trader Joe’s worth battling for a cookie?

I had no energy to procure a cookie because I spent so much time decorating the tree (and getting my roots done) instead.

• I should probably buy the cookie from a bakery because then I can just buyΒ oneΒ cookie which ensures that I won’t keep eating broken pieces equal to cookies #2, 3 and 4.
  • Too much sugar makes my skin look worse. Is a cookie worth crappy skin?
  • Is it really still raining? I am so not interested in venturing out in the rain for a cookie of all things.
  • I wonder if I can get Ali to pick up a cookie on his way home…
  • Have I really wasted 15 minutes thinking about something as stupid as a cookie?

I’ve concluded that I over think things. Just a little bit.

1. December 13, 2011 12:09 am

haha, this post reminded me of last night: I made a carrot cake yest and was so proud of it, until my husband just scoffed his slices down in two bites and carried on watching TV! I needed to examine the cake after every bite and actually just stood in front of it and just STARED at it for a good few minutes too… I don’t think I’m asking too much for the same from him *talk-to-the-hand-gesture* so in short, I can kind of relate!!!

• December 13, 2011 4:33 pm

I need everything to be perfect to enjoy my dessert…and this means that I do NOT scarf it down in front of the TV.

2. December 13, 2011 12:18 am

hehe.. that was fun to read. Me, I eat far too much junk, over thinking is good!

• December 13, 2011 4:33 pm

It’s not good when you are the over thinker. πŸ™‚

3. December 13, 2011 12:22 am

LOL, how amazing husbands are, am too same so but am son of my Mom πŸ™‚
    please accept me as follower and take look on my blog, its still not ready but it will be very soon πŸ™‚ cheerz

4. December 13, 2011 12:50 am

Oh dear I love your overthinking…
    Need to start doing that, my jeans are telling me I need to think before eating… LOL
    About the crumbs situation, don’t even ask me, I have started acting blind… That what you do when you are always picking up some form of food evidence from one or the other corner…

• December 13, 2011 4:34 pm

If I turn a blind eye we’ll just be living among crumbs…Ali will never clean it up!

5. December 13, 2011 12:56 am

Frozen peaches???Ewww!
    Daaahling, look at you, you can afford to eat a cookie. There are few girls I know who are as pretty and slender as you!
    Here’s a trip though for awesome cookies that you can just eat one at a time. I know you are not really into baking, so buy a super good cookie mix, something from williams and sanoma. Form the cookies into their dough balls but only bake one. The rest (the unbaked dough balls) go in the freezer and you can bake them off one at a time, hot and fresh :D– the cool thing is u know Ali won’t eat them cause he wouldn’t go through the trouble of baking (if he is like my husband, he probably doesn’t know how to use the oven).

• December 13, 2011 4:36 pm

Frozen peaches are actually quite tasty! I swear they are.

Thank you for the compliment my friend – you are too kind. And yes, I need to stash some backups in my freezer – Ali never, ever goes in there. πŸ™‚

6. December 13, 2011 1:10 am

Hehe, I went through the exact same internal debate last night, except I threw in the possibility of baking cookies from scratch into the list of options (my local market has pretty crappy cookies). What do you want to bet that men never go through this sort of dessert angst?!

Kind of a non sequitur, but I can tell-despite your protestations to the contrary- you’re actually a devoted mum, as Myra always looks so happy photos. Also it’s clear she adores you πŸ™‚

• December 13, 2011 4:37 pm

Thank you Y for the compliment and for relating to me. I have to say that as tempted as I was to actually bake something I just couldn’t even begin to find the energy!

7. December 13, 2011 1:10 am

Takes me back to last night when I was contemplating having a glass of tiramisu pudding from my refrigerator. I has been there for 3 days now. I do not feel like throwing it away and nobody else wants to have it. I put my sacrificial garb on and gobbled it up only to feel worse later on. I couldn’t even sleep well thinking of all the places that chocolate and sugar is going to settle.
    So in my opinion, all that over thinking is actually doing you a lot of good.

• December 13, 2011 4:38 pm

“All the places that chocolate and sugar is going to settle.” Oh my…who can’t relate to this? Too funny.

8. December 13, 2011 1:12 am

Gah please excuse typos. I’ve had some wine!

9. December 13, 2011 1:20 am

Eek, the amount of time I’ve spent overthinking food is appalling. Almost as appalling as the amount of time I’ve spent analyzing text messages…

• December 13, 2011 4:38 pm

Oh yes…and emails! I swear I read my email drafts 100 times and then inevitably find an error the second I hit send.

10. December 13, 2011 2:03 am

I think in the end, you arrived at the correct conclusion. Cravings for food heavy with sugar content can indeed drive one around the bend, and if your not careful you may end up close to killing someone in the process

Take my advice and have a secret stash of cookies somewhere in the house, where only you know and no one else. It will save you 15 mins of thinking time and will prevent anyone from getting seriously hurt.

• December 13, 2011 4:39 pm

Half the problem is that I need to keep my secret stash secret from even myself. Sigh…I need to grow up.

11. squigglefloey permalink
    December 13, 2011 2:06 am

Gawd, I am the SAME way. I OVER THINK every. single. thing. hah. And the boys I know are just like Ali. Walk into kitchen. Grab something. Eat over sink. Drop crumbs. Leave. Silly, but sometimes I wish I were that carefree, hah

12. December 13, 2011 2:11 am

First of all, why no sugar at home? It’s not toxic (or else I’ll be dead ages ago).

Second, I live so close to you. You want a cookie? Call me up and I’ll deliver a fresh, gluten free cookie in less tine it takes you to go out a buy Oreos.

• December 13, 2011 4:40 pm

Ali has his Oreos and Maya has her M & M’s, so they are covered…I don’t really crave sugar so I just don’t have it laying around!

Next time I’m calling you up. You’ll regret this offer!

13. December 13, 2011 2:23 am

Haha thank you for typing out the story of my life, Ameena! I think this is my favorite post of yours! After choosing what cookie I’m going to indulge in, eating it is definitely a process…one bite at a time, and Lord knows I’m going to savor it! My brother and Ali are very similar and watching him wolf down Oreos irks me to no end: there’s a process of breaking it up, eating the cream, and then each biscuit individually…yeesh! Although I must say: your dislike towards Oreos is making me question your street cred!

• December 13, 2011 4:41 pm

The ingredient list in Oreos is just not doable for me. Far too many unpronounceable things!

14. December 13, 2011 2:34 am

Or you can buy as much, Take one out for yourself and send the rest my way .. πŸ™‚ now thats a Great IDEA he he he he

15. December 13, 2011 3:02 am

I totally know what you mean. i go through such a thinking process over so many things πŸ™‚

• December 13, 2011 4:41 pm

Glad to know that I’m not the only one…but I do feel sorry that you go through the same process!

16. December 13, 2011 3:26 am

it is just a coincidence that i am gobbling a cookie right now and perhaps #2, 3 also for i grabbed four of them to sit and catch up with some readings-perhaps that is why you are how you look(which is fab along with being so super fit) and i am how i look(let’s not get into definitions, shall we?)

and my gawd, you just thought about it for fifteen minutes and look what you’ve done to us-i think i am going to grab a chocolate one too now;-)

i love how you add pics of your own n family in between…brings on a wonderful feeling n that’s a beautiful Christmas tree and a cutie pie daughter:-)

• December 13, 2011 4:42 pm

I can tell from the little picture next to your post that you look fantastic…we are all our own worst critics, aren’t we?

Thanks for the compliment Suruchi. And for reading. πŸ™‚

17. December 13, 2011 4:14 am

You really could eat a cookie without worrying about it! But I do understand when you gat a sugar craving it has to be the right kind of sugar. I love HH’s idea of keeping rolled cookies in the freezer for that ‘moment’. Your tree looks lovely. GG

• December 13, 2011 4:43 pm

Thanks GG…it’s not really the weight thing that I’m worried about, it’s the skin thing. Sugar makes my skin look even worse than usual!

18. December 13, 2011 4:39 am

Ha! This whole situation is the same at my house, but substitute chips for cookie. Those men and their damn crumbs…. drives me crazy.

• December 13, 2011 4:43 pm

I had to stop buying chips. I was out of control with those too…

19. December 13, 2011 5:48 am

I should probably START overthinking my cookie and chocolate consumption. Alas, it’s finals season, and I am consuming many, many things without much thought at all.

We haven’t decorated our tree yet, but it’s up…

20. December 13, 2011 6:40 am

That is my thought process to the tee! You nailed it. πŸ™‚ However, I end up with a handful of chocolate chips at the end of it all.

• December 13, 2011 4:44 pm

Okay so I had to stop buying chocolate chips, chips, and cookies. Apparently my list is longer than I thought!

21. December 13, 2011 6:49 am

I’ve done this before for a candy bar. After 20 minutes of going back and forth, I actually drove down the road 5 minutes just for that.

It was totally worth it. Because after that long, I knew I really wanted it.

And usually, when craving cookies, I’m super picky now. If I actually get one, I want it to be GOOD. Oreos on their own are rather lackluster in my opinion… and messy. Obviously. :p

• December 13, 2011 4:44 pm

Finally…someone who doesn’t like Oreos. They are VERY lackluster.

22. December 13, 2011 7:09 am

This is my endless battle when I crave sweets. I never keep them in the house bc I don’t really have a sweet tooth, so when I’m attacked with cravings I have no other choice than to make an entire batch of something. At least I can take them into the break room at work the next day to help get rid of them…

• December 13, 2011 4:45 pm

I send most everything to Ali’s office…the break room is always full of our leftovers!

23. December 13, 2011 7:36 am

LOL!! I love Ali’s thought process vs. yours. I am the same way as you.. I over-think everything!

• December 13, 2011 4:46 pm

Oh Allie- I’m sorry you are the same was as me!

24. December 13, 2011 8:25 am

Haha… I usually never gave too much thoughts about eating cookie(s) and only stop when my stomach hurts and I don’t even a cookie person. I’m more into cake (rasberry cheese chocolate cake!) but always say yes when cookie is offered… πŸ˜‰

• December 13, 2011 4:46 pm

Luckily I can totally pass on cake. Cookies are more difficult for me. I guess I just like crunchy things!

25. December 13, 2011 8:35 am

Thank you for such a “reminder” of a post – I need to finish my own holiday decorating, make a hair appointment, and add cookies to my weekly grocery list πŸ™‚

• December 13, 2011 4:47 pm

And I thought I was behind on holiday decorating/covering grays. πŸ™‚

26. December 13, 2011 9:07 am

I would ask Ali to get you one from a bakery!

when I crave a cookie (and it’s not that often anymore amazingly) I want one of those fluffy sugar cookies with the blog of icing on it.

but then I want 4.
    so I DO NOT BUY THEM.

I would actually mack out on cookie dough to be honest.
    and YES.
    sigh
    it’s STILL raining.
    xo

27. December 13, 2011 9:13 am

Sadly this is what also goes through my head when I want something. The only difference is that I bake about 3 times a week so I have an abundance of cookies and sugary items. If I ignore them, I won’t want more. If I have one, I’ll want 5. Oye.

• December 13, 2011 4:48 pm

I’m an all or nothing person too…one is never enough. It needs to be none or a whole bunch.

28. December 13, 2011 9:22 am

The difference between men and women totally personified. We are complicated they are simple as much as I hate to admit it. It’s just that sometimes their utter simpleness is confusing. BTW I love oreo’s!!

• December 13, 2011 4:48 pm

Their utter simpleness if frustrating! Probably because I want to be simple.

29. December 13, 2011 9:40 am

Wanna know what makes your skin look worse than just a cookie?

Cookies AND Exam stress AND lack of sleep. Add more cookies on top of that.

I have an idea: if you don’t want to eat cookie #2 and #3, make a big cookie regrouping cookie #1, 2 and 3. You’ll only eat one cookie this way. I’m such a genius.

I need to get my roots done…such a pain in the a$$, I always forget to put cream around my face and end up with dyed skin.

• December 13, 2011 4:51 pm

I stopped trying to dye my own hair because it was very apparent I was dyeing my own hair! I’ve just resigned myself to the fact that I work to pay for my messy hair.

30. Jeena permalink
    December 13, 2011 9:48 am

As a fellow-over-thinker, I can totally appreciate this. Often what happens is that I have ice cream and cookies at home. But I won’t want that. I will want a piece of cake. So I won’t eat anything. If I have cake, but no cookies–I’ll need a cookie or death.

So, there’s all kinds of sugar-related insanity out there.

• December 13, 2011 4:52 pm

You so get it Jeena!! Sugar-related insanity is right. That was my Monday!

31. December 13, 2011 10:11 am

So True!!!! Except I do keep sugar in the house…….at all times. When I make cookies I freeze them so they’re out of sight, and stay fresh. I keep chocolate in the freezer too, anything too tempting in the freezer it goes.

What’s up with wanting a cookie on a Monday. Doesn’t our brain know we get maximum enjoyment from treats on the weekend? Guess not.

• December 13, 2011 4:53 pm

A cookie on Saturday would have been far easier to handle. I am not prepared for such randomness on a Monday.

32. December 13, 2011 10:32 am

I hate having junk food in the house…its like an evil trap. Except I follow Ali’s process..lol.

• December 13, 2011 4:53 pm

Crumbs over the counter? Now why can’t I be like you two?

• December 13, 2011 5:58 pm

Cause then if you do the same, who will be the one to clean them up!? lol

33. December 13, 2011 10:33 am

Send me your address so I can send you cookies! PLEASE!

• December 13, 2011 4:54 pm

Don’t make an offer unless you plan to follow through MC…I might just hit you up for some cookies!!

34. Leslie permalink
    December 13, 2011 10:34 am

I have this debate about ice cream all the time. Mm, if I just buy a double-scoop cone, I won’t be tempted to eat an entire container. What! A cone costs $5.65? I can buy an entire container for that amount. But if I just buy a cone I won’t be tempted to eat an entire container…. It’s like an Escher drawing or Waiting for Godot to pick out my ice cream.

Maya is getting sooooo big. I did a double-take in that pic, then realized you were on your knees. Lolz, good one, Ameena!

• December 13, 2011 4:55 pm

It’s totally a financial decision for me too…6 biscotti’s cost $2.49 or one costs $1.75. The finance person in me knows which way to go.

35. December 13, 2011 11:34 am

Maya looks so much older than when I first started reading your blog! And I love your Christmas tree, so pretty!

36. December 13, 2011 11:43 am

LOL!! Love this!!

37. December 13, 2011 11:44 am

First things first: Your hair looks great and the tree is beautiful! πŸ™‚

As for the cookie: If you are craving the cookie – I say eat the cookie. There are no proper cookies in Spain. Unless a churro can cure your craving. I’d take care of it now. πŸ™‚

• December 13, 2011 4:56 pm

I am SO excited for churros later this month. I already have a place written down where they let you dip them in chocolate. I think it’s in Barcelona? I can’t wait.

38. December 13, 2011 12:11 pm

Hehe, I ate a cookie already today … homemade hot cocoa cookies – sooooo good!

• December 13, 2011 4:56 pm

That sounds amazing! Feel free to send some my way…

39. December 13, 2011 12:33 pm

ah, just a little.
    did you get the cookie???

40. December 13, 2011 12:57 pm

so funny! last night i made oatmeal raisin cookies and they were sooooooo good. i just had a craving for sugar, but you know how i love sugar. when i saw the photo of you and maya, i was like how did she grow so tall? i did a couple takes and realized you were on your knee.. you’re tall! I love oreos πŸ™‚ and my husband does the exact same thing, over the sink, over the kitchen counter, over the blanket on our sofa. so annoying.

• December 13, 2011 5:01 pm

Over the blanket on your sofa? I’d have to draw the line there!! No crumbs on our sofa…ever.

• December 14, 2011 1:55 pm

with his hand underneath. πŸ™‚ i then run to get him a plate. I know, i hear ya.

41. December 13, 2011 1:01 pm

oMG…I have the same thought process only now it’s more like:
    “Will it piss off the gallbladder tumor”
    And the answer is yes.
    So I’ve been cookie-less for a while now.
    You’re welcome fat hips. Mine not yours. You’re skinny. Bitch. Kidding. You’re not a bitch. Ok…I’m finished.

• December 13, 2011 5:01 pm

Kimberly…you crack me up. I’m sure you do not have fat hips!!

42. December 13, 2011 1:08 pm

Beautiful tree Ameena. I would have gone through your exact thought process regarding the cookie. Why is it always so easy for guys, and why on earth do they never notice the crumbs…or spilled coffee…or socks left all over the house?!?

• December 13, 2011 5:02 pm

Luckily I don’t deal with the coffee…the crumbs and socks? I know what you mean.

43. Tandra permalink
    December 13, 2011 1:10 pm

Well, I mostly think like that too but finally I end up having one or two cookies, like I did yesterday night :-(…Did you finally eat a cookie ? If not, hats of to you, your overthinking( in your own words) just helped you in a positive way πŸ™‚

• December 13, 2011 5:02 pm

I never did eat my cookie yesterday. My laziness won out!

44. December 13, 2011 2:25 pm

Hahaha I’m the same way. I put so much thought into everything that by the time I’ve thought it through, I’m just too tired. πŸ™‚

• December 14, 2011 9:50 pm

It’s 8:50 pm. And I’m exhausted. I feel the same way!

45. December 13, 2011 2:32 pm

haha! This is all so true! Love it!

46. December 13, 2011 3:41 pm

My husband eats Oreos (which isn’t my favorite) the same way Ali does – messily. You would think the kitchen sink would catch most of it – nope!

I have thought the same way over a cookie before – I usually end up eating an Oreo. Seated and with milk.

• December 14, 2011 9:51 pm

I can’t drink milk or eat cookies without my skin breaking out. This sucks.

47. December 13, 2011 6:59 pm

I’m horrible with sweets when they’re in the house. If they’re out of sight, they’re completely out of mind. I think you’re onto something with just buying ONE cookie when the craving strikes. I’d be so much better off if I took that advice!

• December 14, 2011 9:52 pm

Usually I am the same way…that’s why craving a cookie on a random Monday was so confusing to me…

48. December 13, 2011 7:02 pm

Broken cookie pieces: The sacrifices we all make. I wish the myth that they don’t have any calories really was true.

I love the thought process that you outlined. Specifically because it is identical to the one I work my way through. Every.single.time.

• December 14, 2011 9:52 pm

Broken cookie pieces and brownie edges…I sacrifice so much that it’s not even funny.

49. December 13, 2011 8:10 pm

Did you say NO SUGAR in your house?

Is that why you look so good?

Damn You!

X

• December 14, 2011 9:53 pm

There’s definitely sugar, just not the kind that I like! Which is usually a good thing.

50. December 13, 2011 8:32 pm

Me too! My husband is so simple when it comes to wants/desires. He wants a cookie, he eats a cookie. I, on the other hand, spend an hour thinking of new recipes to try, what kind of cookie, if I should bake/buy…the list goes on. Thank you for sharing with me tonight. I hope you are having a blessed week and staying calm amidst all the bustle.

• December 14, 2011 9:53 pm

I could have written this, except that I rarely spend time thinking of baking… πŸ™‚

51. December 13, 2011 8:49 pm

Ha, I’m more like Ali with cookie eating. It helps that I always have some in the freezer!

• December 14, 2011 9:54 pm

I really need to think about freezing cookies…although I am concerned that they’ll be too readily available then.

52. December 13, 2011 9:18 pm

I think I will send you a cookie for Christmas. That’s right, just one. Ali can have his Oreos, and Maya can do whatever it is she does. Then I can feel better knowing that you got a cookie and I had one less to tempt me.

Also, I’m so jealous that you can just go to Trader Joe’s. Our closest is in the Minneapolis area. Not cool.

• December 14, 2011 9:55 pm

I’m excited about the cookie you are going to send me. I hope it gets here on a random Monday!

53. December 13, 2011 9:48 pm

Gorgeous. The tree looks nice too. πŸ˜‰

I’m often annoyed by how men do not have to think at all before they shove something into their mouths…

54. December 13, 2011 10:14 pm

Yeah, but the overthinking might just talk you out of the cookie, which isn’t bad from time to time. However, bakery cookies are always a good thing!

• December 14, 2011 9:55 pm

Anything in a bakery is really a good thing. Anything!

55. December 13, 2011 11:04 pm

I honestly don’t know what to say to this πŸ˜›

56. December 14, 2011 7:03 am

I dont really keep cookies in the house anymore but I do have recipes to make a single serving cookie!! That always does the trick πŸ™‚

57. December 14, 2011 9:08 am

Well if you never crave sugar, I say it’s worth going out and getting the one perfect cookie when you do. Alternatively you can store up and have TWO (2) pastries in Paris instead.

• December 14, 2011 9:57 pm

I’m going to the Laduree on December 28. That’s the only thing I know for sure.

58. December 14, 2011 10:06 am

I actually need to be more like you. When I want a cookie, I bake. And that’s never good. Maybe overthinking things should be my new year’s resolution!

• December 14, 2011 9:57 pm

If I wasn’t so lazy I’d bake more often too…so maybe you should wish for my laziness instead of my over thinking?

59. December 14, 2011 11:01 am

Are we the SAME person? You always hit it exactly on the nail! Constantly my dilemma- I get a sweet tooth and crave cookies or cake or something, but then it just becomes so mentally exhausting so I go overdose on something like pineapple or fruit (or persimmon last week…ugh) and feel unsatisfied and just ugh. How to not overanalyze?!

• December 14, 2011 9:58 pm

We are in the same boat…I wish I had some advice for the both of us over thinkers. But I got nothing!

60. December 14, 2011 1:33 pm

I can honestly say this has never happened to me. I have never spent more than a millisecond thinking about the cookie-to-mouth transaction. haha Your method is probably better for my thighs’ sake.

• December 14, 2011 9:59 pm

I need to learn how not to think. I wish you could teach me!

61. December 14, 2011 2:57 pm

This reminds me of the “if you give a Mouse a cookie” book. With food and sugar I think over thinking is good, after all Ali could’ve downed a package of oreos in the time you merely contemplated cookie possibilities.

62. December 14, 2011 2:58 pm

Sometimes when you need a cookie, you NEED a cookie. Anyway, the broken ones don’t count!!! πŸ˜‰

• December 14, 2011 9:59 pm

Haha…I just put it together. The broken ones don’t count!

Sorry, I’m slow.

63. December 14, 2011 3:01 pm

I usually go through a similar thought process AFTER eating the cookie(s). I need to switch to BEFORE.

• December 14, 2011 10:00 pm

I over think both the before and after if it makes you feel any better.

64. December 14, 2011 8:40 pm

I always wage this battle! I do NOT keep cookies and the like in my apartment because then I eat them all at once, but then when I get a craving it gets quite annoying because I don’t have a car and then I sometimes just eating a bunch of other stuff to quell the craving!

One thing that really works for me though is having a cup of hot chocolate! I don’t mind keeping that around and it satisfies my sweet tooth.

• December 14, 2011 10:01 pm

I am not a drink person…I need to chew something to feel satisfied! Hence why I don’t care for hot chocolate or ice cream…

65. December 14, 2011 8:53 pm

I think sometimes getting a cookie from the bakery makes more sense , that way at least you can keep the cookie eating in check. I feel guilty after eating it, but before and while munching on it, it’s a great feeling.

66. December 15, 2011 5:10 pm

Love the thought process. I just made some cookies and I tried doing fruit instead, but as Ryan was making a nice smoothie for, I still ate the darn cookie! I hate when that cookie wins, but then again, I would not have made the cookies if I was just going to waste them!

67. Janelle permalink
    December 15, 2011 7:14 pm

A co-worker of mine keeps a sign by her desk that says “Don’t Overthink It.” Helpful for her, but also useful for the rest of us to point to when the situation warrants. Which it does. Often. πŸ™‚

68. Rufina permalink
    December 16, 2011 8:20 am

As I sit here eating a bowl of macaroni and cheese for breakfast, and marveling at your ability to resist cravings in general, I think you are doing fine and your over-thinking is at least working for you. I, on the other hand, was given a very weak resistance as part of my constitution. Not that I don’t over-think “to give in or not to give in”, but I almost always give in to food cravings…thus, the need for my 300-day journey (for which I seem to be failing miserably at following the original purpose, but on a very bright note, am making some great new friends (like you!) in the process)! πŸ™‚

69. December 16, 2011 1:01 pm

oh wow, both you and Maya look really good:) she looks pretty grown now.

70. December 16, 2011 7:25 pm

You’re not alone Ameena. Sad but true! Such a gorgeous tree! And Maya is suddenly looking so grown up πŸ™‚

71. December 17, 2011 1:41 pm

Hahaha, this is a real woman’s mind! πŸ˜€

72. December 17, 2011 5:35 pm

Best to just eat the cookie.

73. December 18, 2011 10:08 pm

One thing I’ve learned, never get the hubby to get something unless you have specific orders. In other words, unless you know what cookie you want Ali to get, don’t be surprised if he comes home with more Oreos. I’m sure you already knew that though, but was all flustered by choosing a cookie. I have a hard time remembering what I went downstairs to get, so you’re a step ahead of me.
    Love your Christmas tree!

• December 19, 2011 10:12 am

Oh you totally know that if I said bring home cookies Ali would have brought home more Oreos knowing that I don’t like them, and knowing that we already have some. πŸ™‚

Original Message—–

74. December 19, 2011 10:53 am

I work in reverse order, after shoveling (five) one cookie down my throat, I start wondering why I was craving the cookie to begin with and what the sugar did to my skin. Also, anything sweet from Trader Joe’s > The hassle of picking it up. I stood in line recently for 20 minutes to pick up some Fleur de Sel caramels. My husband calls it crazy, I call it dedication (to my fat thighs and all).

• December 19, 2011 9:31 pm

I hear amazing things about the Fleur de Sel caramels my friend. I have not bought them though…the package is too big and I know that I won’t rest until they are done!!

75. Erika permalink
    December 20, 2011 11:29 pm

I know I am commenting so late, I have been gone a few days and didnt want to read blogs while I was gone.. My big million dollar question.. Do you know how to make cookies? How about you and your daughter baking cookies together.. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰ ,, I know you like this question. lol remember Tis the season to be jolly.

• December 21, 2011 8:17 am

I do know how to make cookies but it just seemed like such an endeavor…

76. December 23, 2011 7:38 pm

i don’t even THINK when I eat a cookie…maybe that’s a problem too?

• December 23, 2011 9:48 pm

I think too much, you don’t think at all…We should meet somewhere in the middle and share the cookie. πŸ™‚