what are you good at?
Do you ever wonder what you are good at? I mean really, really good at? For many people the answer is obvious as they were born with the ability to sing, to model, to invent, to pioneer…
I was born with the talent to…bitch and complain? Make fun of Ali and Maya? Clean obsessively?
This question consumes me. Especially lately as I get older and have yet to figure out what my point in life is. Because really, as much as I love creating works of art in Excel, I’m not exactly changing the world with my spreadsheets.
That’s not to say that I’m not good at things, because I am. After all, I am a super talented when it comes to:
1. Nodding appropriately and interjecting filler words as I pretend to listen to Maya’s numerous and lengthy stories.
2. Pulling together fabulous Power Point presentations, complete with fade in transitions, SmartArt and animation.
3. Squashing my smart ass comments as I pick up Ali’s dirty clothes from the top of the hamper and put them inside the hamper. Again.
4. Keeping Bloomingdale’s in business.
5. Reading everything I can get my hands on, including important literary works of art like Mini Shopaholic: A Novel.
So tell me, is anyone else feeling slightly useless as they watch the amazing people with Doctors Without Borders and the Red Cross deploy off to Japan to save lives?