i’m still kicking around…unfortunately
….and I’m 35.
To be honest, both Ali and I are kind of surprised I made it here. I mean really, we were both convinced I would have had a coronary by now seeing as I fly off the handle for almost no reason at all. But nope, to both of our dismay (and probably Maya’s as well) I’m still here, kicking around.
I wish I had some words of wisdom to share with you – something to show for my 35 years on this earth. But nope again! I’m really no further ahead than I was at 18. So instead I’ll share a few of the many meaningless and useless things I learned today:
1. My husband will keep calling American Express’ concierge service to ask them to do things that he could do himself in half the time.
2. American Express’ concierge service is utterly useless.
3. I will roll my eyes and make a smart ass comment every time my husband calls American Express’ concierge service.
4. My husband will ignore me and my rolling eyes. Completely.
5. Many wasted hours later my husband will directly call whomever he asked American Express’ concierge service to call on his behalf.
6. And I will roll my eyes and make another smart ass comment. And then I will pick up the phone and make the birthday lunch reservation that neither my husband nor American Express could manage to make.
I made a wish when I blew out the candles on my cake – I wished that Ali would cancel his American Express. And that I would actually learn something worthwhile during my 35th year on this planet.
Yeah, yeah. I wasn’t supposed to tell anyone what my wish was. But whatever.
I knew neither of them would come true anyway.