who's the real schmuck?
Returning home from vacation is always bittersweet.
As much as I love coming back to 2,000 square feet of space to separate me from Maya, her questions, and her perpetually sticky fingers, I must admit that I do not look forward to the dozens of things that I have to do after being away for days.
Within 3 hours of returning from San Francisco I accomplished the following:
1. I went grocery shopping.
2. I did 3 loads of laundry.
3. I cooked dinner.
4. I gave Maya a bath.
5. I put away the laundry, all 3 carry-ons, and the 500 random things that Ali/Maya dragged with them up north.
6. I collapsed on the couch in a heap of exhaustion.
Ali was really busy too. He did the following:
1. He pulled out his laptop.
2. He draped Maya’s Dora blanket around his shoulders.
3. He settled in.
The million dollar question here is: Why do I bust my a$$ while Ali sits on his?