Maya Strikes Again
My last few posts have been kind of depressing, haven’t they? I’m not usually a complainer (every person who knows me is scoffing at that statement right now) but I do think I need to lighten things up around here before I lose the few readers that keep coming back. So allow me to list the things that I am grateful for right now:
1. I am grateful that I had a chance to meet up with Lynn again yesterday, this time at M Cafe. She wasn’t scared off by Maya running around in circles up and down the streets of Beverly Hills after consuming half a giant piece of chocolate cake. Lynn didn’t even flinch when Maya threw up all over the bathroom floor after eating too much of the aforementioned cake. And as if that wasn’t enough Lynn brought me some of the much coveted Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride Tea which tastes identical to a sugar cookie.
Thank you Lynn, for putting up with Maya and her shenanigans, and for the tea – you are too generous and kind. I can’t wait to meet up with you again.
2. I am grateful that Maya narrowly missed my new shoes when she threw up all over the bathroom.
3. Is it terrible that I’m grateful Maya threw up in someone else’s bathroom?
4. I am grateful that several other people, including Joanne, are willing to give up their kidney for me if I ever need one.
5. I am grateful that instead of a stuffed animal Ali finds security in having all of his technology in arms reach. Laptop? Check. iPhone? Check. iPad? Check. Wireless card? Check. Landline? Check. I believe he is fully covered in any emergency. Or in case he needs to send a text at 2 am.
Excitement is building around here for the iPhone 4G which will be released June 24, 2010. Certain members of the Din Family are counting the days.
6. I am grateful that after breaking out and dusting off our rarely used but much hated iron, I was able to place it safely back in the laundry room cupboard. I swear, the lengths I will go to for my child are endless…
Side note – our wedding registry contained about 1,000 things and the only thing our guests didn’t purchase? The iron. It was a sign! I’ve also refused to buy an ironing board and continue to use this classy sheet on top of our washing machine instead.
7. After countless revisions my first Toastmaster’s speech is ready for Friday. I am grateful that the dream I had last night that I had terrible stage freight and couldn’t speak was just a dream.
8. I am grateful that my good friend Maie is taking me to The Roof Garden at the Peninsula for lunch today. She is a hard-to-find good offline friend who has about 100 things going on so I feel pretty special that she has time to spend with me on the rare occasion she isn’t saving someone’s life.
9. I am grateful that I am going to be in Washington D.C. next month…even though I am nervous about how I am going to single-handedly entertain Maya for 3-4 days while Ali mingles with other computer nerds at a Microsoft conference. Anyone interested in meeting up?
10. I am grateful that I didn’t complain a single time in this post! I think I set a new record for myself.