i’ve learned nothing
- Friday: we had leftovers in the fridge. Lots of leftovers. And we all know my phobia of wasting food.
- Saturday: we were invited to a friend’s house for dinner.
- Sunday: I was halfway to Whole Foods when I received an urgent call that my dad needed my car. To buy a TV. At 6:55 pm. On a Sunday night. (I’m confused too).
Against all odds, sushi finally seemed possible on Monday. Ali even said he’d facilitate! And he did. Except that he picked up a Spicy Shrimp California Roll instead of what I’d requested.
Before I get emails accusing me of being demanding, shallow, and ungrateful (I am all of these things – no need to send me email reminders), allow me to explain why the aforementioned rolls are NOT the same thing:
- The California Roll has no less than 55 ingredients (I am too lazy to get an exact count but a close up is available above for your perusal). This is a problem since I won’t eat things with more than 5 ingredients.
- The California Roll also contains things I cannot pronounce and/or recognize, and therefore will not eat. Including (but not limited to): Aspergillus Oryzae and Powdered Defatted Soy Beans.
You’re probably thinking: Seriously Ameena? Do you realize that people have far bigger problems? Do you know how absurd this post is?
Well I agree with you. This post is ridiculous. And yet I will say this: since I did not eat this sushi, it went into the trash. So maybe the takeaway here is that I’m conquering my phobia of wasting food?