i try. i swear i do.
Everyone tells me not to sweat the little things. And I try. You probably don’t believe me, but I do try.
And what I’m about to address? This will seem like a little thing. But when a very tired and hungry person returns from work, finds a disaster area in the kitchen, and then comes across this the instant she opens the refrigerator?
Some things don’t seem so small. I can assure you of that.
Anyway, as I glared at the banana my mind was churning with questions.
- Would it have killed my husband to put a plate under the banana?
- Not only is the banana now a breeding ground for bacteria, but I have to add “Disinfect the refrigerator” to my mile-long list of things to do.
- Could he not just put it on the same plate as the lemon? Seriously?
- Why would he cut 75% of the peel off and leave one gross piece? It’s almost like he did it on purpose. Why doesn’t he respect my dislike for bananas?
- Did he give the rest of this banana to Maya? She already had a banana at breakfast. Which Ali watched her eat. Doesn’t he remember anything?
- This is what happens when I get home from work after my husband.
I counted backwards from 10 and decided not to say anything. After all, I’m 36 now, right? I should be able to handle something as trivial as a wayward piece of fruit. But guess what I found 2 seconds later? An open, half-eaten yogurt container. And I think something was growing inside.
My God. I’m going to lose my mind.