I Am Quirky, Not Odd.
I have very odd eating habits.
- I like to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner at their traditional times.
- Dinner can be no earlier than 6:30 pm, otherwise I will snack the rest of the night away.
- I am physically incapable of eating between meals.
- I can’t eat for at least an hour before or after going to the gym.
- I can’t go to sleep for at least a 2.5 hours after dinner.
- I cannot mix countries, e.g. I can’t eat a piece of lasagna and fried rice at the same time. You can only imagine how taxing Las Vegas buffets are on my already fragile mental state.
Most of the time I like to refer to my eating habits as “quirky.” Why? Well because quirky people are admirably eccentric while odd people are just…odd.
Ali, on the other hand, can eat anything at any time and in any place. Just yesterday for example, he ate all of the following, from 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm.
- Leftover noodles courtesy of Maya’s Panda Express dinner
- Spaghetti with green beans
- Chocolate Chip Banana bread
- Oatmeal with flax and granola
In between number 2 & 3 Ali hit the gym for a 20 minute “workout.” And then 10 minutes after number 5 he went to bed. So basically, he violated each and every one of my rules.
I don’t define Ali’s habits as quirky though, I define his eating habits as bizarre. And slightly disgusting. Why? Well for one thing it’s true, and for another it makes me feel better about myself.
And shouldn’t that be my main priority?