A Meat Bikini

September 9, 2010

Have I mentioned I have an intense dislike for Lady Gaga?  Well I do.  As a matter of fact, she tops the list of people I find tasteless and offensive, and that is no easy feat considering the length of my list.

While I am not usually one to spread negativity I am hoping this post will persuade you to dislike her as well.  Yes, I realize this is my most pointless mission yet but operation Stop Maya From Coughing was a success, so I figure there is no harm in trying, right?

Plus I’m trying to kill time until sunset when I can finally eat, and if wasting time writing about someone who doesn’t matter makes the day go faster, than so be it.

So without further ado, may I present:

3 Reasons to Dislike Lady Gaga

1. Thanks to her I have to hear off-key versions of “Alejandro” from both Maya and Ali.  I realize this is my problem and it doesn’t affect you whatsoever, but I had to throw it out in hopes I’ll get a sympathy vote or two.

2. Lady Gaga can sing!  She has an amazing voice!  So why does she have to wear a gyroscope or cigarettes as sunglasses to prove she is talented?

3. I don’t eat meat and I am not offended by those who do.  I am, however, offended by people who wear meat, as Lady Gaga recently did for Japanese Vogue.

Shabu-Shabu anyone?

(Image from OhNoTheyDidn’t)

I am so over stars who think they have to do completely off-the-wall things to get attention – from Madonna to Christina Aguilera, from Pink to Katy Perry…I could go on for hours.

I’ll spare you the rest of my list, but please tell me I’m not the only one who finds Lady Gaga sick and wrong?

1. September 9, 2010 12:37 am

Oh no! I hope we can still be friends after this, but I’m a Lady Gaga fan. Ok to be fair, I only like her music. I don’t have time to keep up with the crazy things she does so she doesn’t bother me too much. Her tunes are too catchy. I’ve come to accept that we live in a crazy world 😀 Plus, anything to keep hubby from playing his favorite Chinese singer in the car. Not that I have anything against Chinese music either.

2. September 9, 2010 1:51 am

Okay, you have my vote, hands-down!! I am repelled by Lady Gaga. In fact the term ‘lady’ is just too much for her. If ever it was possible for aliens to abduct people and mess with their minds, then I am convinced Ms.Gaga is a victim!

If she has to resort to histrionics like this, then I think I can make do without her music, however, awesome her voice. Period.

3. September 9, 2010 2:59 am

So the first thing I thought while reading this was. Damn that meat bikini can NOT be sanitary. I mean, would I want a piece of beef on my…umm…yeah. NO. I would not. I wonder if you can get mad cow disease or E. coli poisoning from the bacteria crawling into your…um…yeah.

4. September 9, 2010 3:51 am

This might make me sound like such a loser, but honestly I’ve only ever heard one Lady Gaga song and that’s because the gym has it on repeat. And also, that meat photo is sick. I feel like I need a shower just looking at it.

5. September 9, 2010 3:58 am

I just got grossed out by that meat bikini….

6. September 9, 2010 3:58 am

Tracey’s not a loser! I’ve never heard a single Gaga song. I won’t even put the Lady in her name! I’ve seen her on the news, etc., and each time I do I pray that her fame is long over by the time our Sophie is listening age and that there won’t be a Madonna, Pink, Christina or Gaga for that hiccup in time. Please, Lord?

7. September 9, 2010 3:58 am

Oh yeah, Ameena, check my blog….you’ve been awarded.

8. September 9, 2010 4:11 am

I’m with you 100%. I like the two Glee covers of her songs…but that’s about it. And, besides her music, she GETS ON MY NERVES. And that meat picture is just gross, vegetarian or not. Ugh.

9. September 9, 2010 4:23 am

Lady Gaga’s songs are catchy, but I’ve never understood the…um…”fashions.” Scribbling with a Sharpie on a million dollar purse was bad enough, but wearing meat? Since it says “The Naked Truth” on the magazine, it might be a statement about animal cruelty like PETAs naked billboards, or she could be making fun of them, or she could have just woken up one morning and said, “I’d like to wear food today. Whipped cream is /so/ 2009.”

10. September 9, 2010 4:44 am

Oh God – I DO eat meat – but I find that photo disgusting…and just unnecessary? I mean why? The world is so full of sh*t about wanting to make “statements”.

Y’know I liked Gaga at the beginning when it was about the music more. But now it’s just all too techno and fake-like and trying to be all something she’s not…or something.

What the hell do I know?! She can do what she wants I suppose. But acting like she’s the most innovative coolest thing in the world? Not so cool.

I was happy when Jerry Seinfeld just up and said she was an idiot 🙂 Nice when other stars aren’t afraid of other big stars.

11. September 9, 2010 4:55 am

I mean .. I think she’s totally nuts but I still can’t help but love her music!

12. September 9, 2010 4:58 am

hey ameena – I can see all of this picture 🙂

Holy meat. That is just a bit twisted. I remember when they did a photo shoot for ANTM (America’s Next Top Model) with meat and that was a bit disturbing. All in the name of fashion?! I like Lady Gaga’s songs but the womens nuts!!

13. Jessica permalink
    September 9, 2010 5:13 am

I like Lady Gaga for her music. I think she is awesomely talented. I just don’t understand her antics. I mean, I do kind of. I see all of this stuff as publicity stunts to get more attention on her – and it’s working. I think an artist should be praised on their music, not their choice of meat.

14. September 9, 2010 5:24 am

ummm that picture is gross. i find that i can’t stand most singers/artists on a “personal” level but their music is good for rocking out to. so i just try to ignore everything else. i didn’t even know what lady gaga looked like until recently (plus i live under a rock hahahah)

15. September 9, 2010 5:26 am

I always like her songs because they are so catchy but definitely don’t care for her persona. And ew on the meat thing.

16. September 9, 2010 5:34 am

I think her songs are fun and make ya wanna move–and I applaud her for her originality and doin what she wants–she worked hard to get here–but I think she’s a bit odd for sure.

17. September 9, 2010 5:51 am

Heh, I think it’s hilarious when kids sing grown-up songs so I’d probly be a huge fan of Maya’s rendition. At least for the first five times or so. As an aside, her videos are so kooky. Like the one for Bad Romance. I swear I’ve seen that like twenty times just to figure it out and I’m still no closer to the truth 🙂

18. September 9, 2010 6:04 am

I don’t really care for her music at all. And I hate that editorial. Terrible. That said, I can somewhat appreciate her originality… somewhat. When I’m feeling generous.

19. September 9, 2010 6:12 am

That’s gross. And I eat meat. Ewww.

I listen to 2 of her songs, but not for pleasure, merely for running. My 3 & 6 yr old think ‘Bad Romance’ is hilarious, and indeed it is the way they sing along to it. My 3 yr old thinks her name is Baby Gaga. A fitting name no?

20. September 9, 2010 6:15 am

I like Lady Gaga songs, but I am with you in that her personality is off the wall. And that meat picture is gross.

21. September 9, 2010 6:21 am

I really used to love her. When she was big in Europe and just broke out in the US. Now I feel like since she’s blown up here, she’s not acting on her own accord (because she seems to be eccentric by nature- which is totally fine), but purposely going above and beyond to get a reaction. And not just a reaction, but a negative reaction. It’s annoying. And hard to watch without making a face.

22. September 9, 2010 6:23 am

I liked when Jerry Seinfeld spoke up against her. It seems like a lot of celebs praise her cause thats the “cool” thing to do.

I think its judgmental on my part, but I get a sense of entitlement from her? Kind of like Madonna…like they feel they are owed more or deserve more? But that might be a poor attitude on my part.

23. September 9, 2010 7:03 am

Hmm..I had never really thought about this before mostly because I’m uncool and I don’t know much about Lady Gaga besides the bits and pieces I hear from other people. I will say that the picture is really gross, but I’m not surprised. From what I know about her, a huge part of her fame is about her antics, as you said. She needs everyone to be waiting around for what crazy thing Lady Gaga will do, wear, or say next, and then she needs to deliver…so she is always going to be doing crazy things. It’s part of her act. Lady Gaga is a character she created, and it worked. She has attracted so much attention. As you said, she doesn’t really need to do all of this, because she actually is talented! I would expect this kind of stuff more from someone like Britney Spears (who is a talented performer, but not such a talented singer, in my opinion). To be honest, I really don’t care that much about what these attention-seeking famous people do…doesn’t really affect me…although I do find that meat picture quite disturbing! I understand why that would put you over the edge with your hatred for LG.

24. September 9, 2010 7:07 am

Gotta say the meat bikini made me laugh, I mean seriously who would do a thing like that & think its a thing of beauty. You know that nursery story? The one about the Emperor blazing down the street stark naked & everyone was so intimidated they all oohhh’d & aaaahhh’d about his marvellous robe? Remember? Sounds to me like the Lady G has been hanging around too many promoters & advertisers. Anyhow… just sayin 🙂
    But….., having said all that…. she really can sing can’t she….!!!!
    I think I’ve ranted myself into confusion…..

25. September 9, 2010 7:21 am

I just find her rediculously OTT. I guess that’s what u have to do to compete in today’s world of celebrity. She is more of a caricature than a genuine individual. I guess some people like that. I am not really bothered about her one way or another. The meat bikini, yeah… gross. I hope she took a long bath after that one 😛

26. September 9, 2010 7:30 am

Do Ali and Maya at least get the words to Alejandro right? My husband thinks its “allayamo” so I get to hear “allayamo, allayamo, allay allay amo, allay allay amo” all day. it’s frustrating.

• September 9, 2010 8:48 pm

This cracked me up!! I think Maya sings it like your husband…with regards to Ali’s singing I try not to listen too hard. It isn’t pretty.

27. Leah @ Why Deprive? permalink
    September 9, 2010 7:37 am

Yah – Lady Gaga – she bothers me and I cant escape her. She’s everywhere. And I agree, what happened to just being talented and leaving it at that? My dad used to get annoyed when they interviewed celebrities because “I want to hear you sing or watch you act, I dont care what you think” and I have to agree for the most part. Sing your songs Lady Gaga and then leave me alone.

28. September 9, 2010 8:16 am

Ameena, I may have a solution to your problem.

This is what I do…

be SO out of touch with reality and media that you don’t even know who people like Lady Gaga are, wouldn’t know a song if it bit you in the lip that you are blissfully ignorant about such amazing nonsense.

haha

works for me.

I HAVE heard of her…I am not a total hermit, but no clue really. Happily clueless and wrapped up in yarn and boringness!

My Teenager forces me to “check out ” his Techno songs or this and that on YouTube he finds hysterical and it just makes me realize I am OLD now and out of touch because I just don’t get it.

sheez. Kids these days!

hahaaha
    good luck.

ps. That picture is pretty gross. I wonder of the health dept saw that. or peta.
    xo

29. September 9, 2010 8:22 am

Ewww!!
    I will admit I like Gaga’s music (EXCEPT for telephone-ugh Beyonce) but I can’t stand HER. Granted, I don’t know her… but she is super annoying and it seems like she tries way too hard to be “creative.” Ditto to the others you named.
    I will admit that I am a huge Britney fan though 🙂 Despite her bad case of the crazies…
    And I love Bjork. She is a true creative soul, not a fake one 😉

30. September 9, 2010 8:33 am

I’m pretty sure when I saw “meat bikini” I should have waited to read this until I was done with my lunch. Disgusting!!!!

31. September 9, 2010 8:37 am

i like some of her music, not to be confused with liking all her music, because some of them i just dont get. and i agree, you shouldnt try to be so over the top just to get attention especially if youre talented.

32. September 9, 2010 9:14 am

Well, now that my post really got you thinking for the day…your post has got me thinking about this for the day…WTF?

33. September 9, 2010 9:21 am

I like Lady Gaga’s music, and I like that she pushes the envelope but when ever I read an interview with her I cringe. I subscribe to Vanity Fair and reading their recent article about it was painful. She acts like she struggled for so long to get where she is. The writer pointed out that she is only 24, she can’t have struggled for that long! She seems like she thinks she knows it all which bothers me. However, she doesn’t both me as much as Ke$ha does. She totally annoys me.

And if I didn’t eat meat I would probably be more bothered by a meat bikini.

34. September 9, 2010 9:46 am

Gross, Gross, GROSS! I don’t much care for her… specially after seeing the Alejandro vidoe… really?!?!

Are you ready for Eid? Are you celebrating tomorrow or today? I haven’t fast in 4-5 years because of my digestive system. Hope you guys have a happy Eid 🙂

35. September 9, 2010 11:14 am

i thought we could be bffs…but alas, no. hahaha jk. You are entitled to your opinion gf! I love me some lady gaga cause she is SO crazy and will do anything to get attention. yes she CAN sing and yes she has a banging bod and yes she is crazy in interviews and that’s why I enjoy her. I do NOT enjoy people who get attention by having NO talent though: ala paris or kim k. And the meat bikini? It IS gross but she probably didn’t pick it..it was probably the “stylist” or the “visionary” of the spread!! Either way…we are back to being bffs now.

36. September 9, 2010 11:27 am

Errr…I do admit I enjoy some of Gaga’s songs but that meat bikin pic look kinda GROSS…How about just think the outfit wasn’t made from a real meat and whoever did the cover had an AMAZING Photoshop skills??

But I agree with you one thing….I got annoyed with Katy Perry though. Don’t like her super high pitch voice.

37. Michelle permalink
    September 9, 2010 11:44 am

It’s sad that Gaga is a musical genius, yet she dresses in crazy fashions and is just plain weird in interviews. If that’s her true self then so be it. Whatever makes her happy.

38. September 9, 2010 11:46 am

Sorry sis, but I’m a bit of a Gaga fan. If nothing else, she’s put pop music in an uncomfortable place and that’s what I love about her. I love the gender bending. I love the questionable intent. I love the double-sidedness of it all. Would I buy a Gaga album? Probably not. But I’m a sociologist, so I love her for stirring the pot and putting men in high heels.

39. September 9, 2010 12:02 pm

Haha, Lady Gaga is interesting, that’s for sure! 😉 That picture of her wearing the meat is disgusting!!

40. September 9, 2010 12:05 pm

Disgusting. I love Lady Gaga but I’d love her more without the meat bikini. Yuck.

41. September 9, 2010 12:43 pm

I agree with you ameena! Shes talented, no doubt and at least she plays the piano, but she is such an attention whore, it makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. And I’m not trying to be vain or mean, but I think shes very ugly and wears all those masks because she is insecure. sorry…I know thats mean.

42. September 9, 2010 12:56 pm

The meat-ikini makes me say icky! I never saw this cover. Talented or not she has a responsibility not to model bad attitude/behavior or irresponsible social display of herself being that a lot of kids are her fans. SI better not come up with something like this in the next swim suit issue!

43. September 9, 2010 1:01 pm

She is so not my kind of person either. The meat bikini is just gross and I think she’s weird.

44. September 9, 2010 1:35 pm

Ewww…YUCK! Not a big fan either and the only good thing I have found out of what she’s done is a parody on her Poker Face song called “Muffin Top”, you can find it on You Tube. It.is.HILARIOUS!

45. highonhealthy permalink
    September 9, 2010 1:50 pm

I’ve always liked her music (although it is WAY too overplayed) but her bizarre desire to be so completely “unique” has always confused me. But now? After seeing that magazine cover I’ve developed a dislike for her. Not only is that tasteless it is COMPLETELY disrespectful to the animals that died for that. I don’t eat meat but I’m also not against those who do.. this however, is wrong.

46. September 9, 2010 3:43 pm

Oh My Gosh, that magazine cover is so wrong on so many different levels. Yeah, you had my vote even before seeing that magazine cover though. I just don’t think she’s very talented. She actually is an example I would use in reference to the subject of untalented famous/rich people that one wonders why they are famous/rich people. Does that make sense (smile)?!?

47. September 9, 2010 4:31 pm

Aha….I like her songs >.< Though, that cover really is just horribly wrong in so many ways. She really is talented, why does she need to be so, for a lack of better words, weird?! I guess we'll never know :S

48. September 9, 2010 5:07 pm

i guess that’s the thing when you sell your image as shock value: you have to go to desperate lengths in order to outdue the last number. (deep.) but i didn’t even know about Lady Gaga till she was on her 4th single or something. sigh…that’s how you know you’re old…

49. September 9, 2010 7:11 pm

Just. Threw. Up. Not really, but still this has to be the most disgusting thing I’ve seen all week…no all month. I do not like her, and this only cements my previous impressions. People these days…

50. September 9, 2010 8:20 pm

I like Lady Gaga’s music. Her taste? Her style? Her “look at me, I’m so unique!” crave for attention? Not so much.

51. September 9, 2010 9:19 pm

I am not a fan of someone with questionable body parts. You know what I am talking about.

52. Med permalink
    September 9, 2010 10:19 pm

I hate her. I hate her “music,” hate her look, and I hate Katie Perry too. I hate how they wasted all that food on a photo shoot when people are starving. The only one on your list that I like (her music not her “fashion”) is Christina because she has some beautiful and meaningful songs on her older albums.

53. September 10, 2010 4:02 am

I’m totally with you here, Ameena – I have to admit, I’ve never listed to Lady Gaga’s music so I don’t give a swot about how well she sings (she sings, right?), but I found that meat pic offensive, disgusting, and unhygienic. I mean, do you see where that meat is?? Some things I see in the name of “art” are just silly. That’s what I believe, anyway 🙂

I can understand wanting to kill time until you can eat – I would be super crabby at a time like that! I am impressed with your stamina!

54. September 10, 2010 4:17 am

Ugh, that meat pic is disgusting! I wasn’t really a huge fan of hers to begin with, but after seeing that I’m convinced. Anyway, Eid Mubarak Ameena! 🙂

55. September 10, 2010 6:50 am

Haha..I just saw her in concert and she was pretty fabulous!

BUT she is also over the top when she doesn’t need to be. Her voice can hold its own!

56. September 10, 2010 12:50 pm

don’t like her music. don’t like her. like your post! 😉

57. September 10, 2010 1:37 pm

I know I wrote how I like to work out to Lady Gaga but aside from her catchy music she drives me crazy! I can’t stand when she says obnoxious things like “pop stars don’t eat” or how she occasionally does drugs, when so many young people are easily influenced by her and the things she says. It’s pretty disheartening.

58. September 10, 2010 1:41 pm

I strongly detest the shock factor that many stars feel they have to manifest in order to increase their celebrity. Many of them do possess actual talent, but I get distracted by the circus side show and then don’t want to give them any credit where it might actually be do….kind of counterproductive.
    The meat bikini made me gag a little. Don’t get me wrong – I’ve slaughtered chickens before and can skin a deer if I need to (I’m sure there’s some redneck song that should cue up right about now…banjos, anyone?) but that much flesh on a body is in bad taste. Shock factor!

59. Kath (Eating for Living) permalink
    September 10, 2010 2:08 pm

Well, I must admit I really like some of her songs, but her taste for “style” is questionable, and this is just disgusting!

60. September 10, 2010 4:39 pm

I am a fan of Lady Gaga’s music but her annoying antics are just too much to handle sometimes, like I don’t understand the reason for this picture.

61. September 10, 2010 4:58 pm

I neither liked or disliked Lady Gaga but the picture nearly made me throw up. That is the most distasteful thing I have ever seen. Offensive, too. You may have just succeeded in your anti-gaga campaign.

62. September 10, 2010 6:41 pm

I’m on the fence about Lady Gaga. I like her because she’s not using all of the eccentric costumes to make up for or mask a lack of talent, because she is really talented. I love her voice. I really want to love her, but 90 percent of the time I see a video or performance of her’s and I’m just so…not into it.
    And I’m so not into that meat bikini.
    Idk I like her singing I think it stops there, lol. Thank the lord she has talent otherwise I think we’d be pulling our hair out at her fame.

63. September 10, 2010 6:48 pm

i think i just barfed a little.. i love lady gaga’s MUSIC.. but she is a looney toon! she dosent need to be! she can be normal!!! what is wrong with that girl??
    i read an interview with her where she said that she uses coke “a few times a year- nothing major”.. soon, there will be hundreds of teenage girls wearing cellophane and platforms doing lines because if you only use it once in a while.. it’s all good.. RIGHT.. cuz that logic works!

64. September 10, 2010 6:53 pm

i will also add that i am not a fan of girls acting like sluts and being over the top to gain “fame”. are you famous because of your talent? no, just that you made a sex tape or stripped at the VMAs.. or was 17 and dancing around with dominatrix gear and simulating a lesbo kiss.. being an adult doesnt have anything to do with your sexuality.

65. September 11, 2010 7:49 am

Lady Gaga annoys me but not as much as Katy Perry! Aah! I don’t know why….unrelated but I also can’t stand Julia Roberts (Gasp! Everyone looks at me like I am the worst person in the world when I say that, lol.)

66. September 11, 2010 8:08 am

That picture is nauseating! I don’t listen to her music. Amos Lee is more my style. Far from the attention seekers. My daughter said she has a beautiful voice, so why does she need all this other crap.

67. September 11, 2010 11:46 am

OMG Ameena – I CANNOT STAND HER. Even before this post, but now I have 3 more reasons.

I CANT stand people that are just as WEIRD AS HUMANLY possible in order to get attention.

Get attention by being legit – the end.

68. September 11, 2010 2:04 pm

The only time ever listen to a lady gaga song was when working out. just for the beat not really much for the actual song. Granted she’s got talent, but the personality just isn’t jiving with me. That magazine cover isn’t helping much.

69. September 11, 2010 2:50 pm

P.S I also FINALLY subscribed via email – because there are few select blogs I keep coming back to and I know you don’t post 3x/day (which I like 😉 – it’s “real”), so I wanna know when ya do!!

70. September 11, 2010 10:13 pm

Well I just can’t imagine how gross that meat would have felt! And afterwards, did someone fry it up and serve it to her for lunch?

71. September 12, 2010 6:10 am

I feel sorry for Lady Gaga…she is making a total fool of herself. On the other hand, our society pays a lot of money for that, so apparently foolishness is in. Where is my cone bra? LOL