5 Things I’m Excited About
My husband is married to his car, his computer, his iPhone, and me. In that order. It’s not easy to be on the bottom of the food chain but I recently realized that I cannot depend on someone else to entertainment me, otherwise, I may be waiting to be entertained forever. So I have been trying to inject a bit of excitement in my life lately and I am pleased to say that I’ve had some success.
I am excited because….
1. I am going to Las Vegas on Monday. After watching Ali take off to Vegas 2 weeks in a row I finally decided to join him on his next trip. In addition to eating tons of great food and checking out all the new hotels that have cropped up since my last visit a year ago, I am also interested to see if there is another “wife” in his life that I should be concerned about. 3 trips in one month is a tiny bit suspicious, wouldn’t you say?
2. I met a new friend. Tracy and I met in Westwood yesterday and had a great time chatting and walking around. In addition to being a very smart person, she dominates cross fit, and is so motivated and patient and kind. And generous. Maya and her got off to a rough start but then Tracy gave Maya a little stuffed charm and presto, Maya invited her over to play and see her room. Free stuff + Maya = Instant Friendship. Thanks Tracy for putting up with Maya and I, we had a great time and can’t wait to do it again.
3. I no longer dread my Toastmaster’s meetings. I went to Toastmaster’s today and gave the Quote of the Day. I didn’t stutter. I wasn’t nervous. I didn’t make an idiot out of myself. I was also successful in using the “Word of the Day.” Extra credit for me!
4. Maya can now add numbers. I’ve been working with her for 30-45 minutes every day and in just a few short weeks she went from writing her numbers backwards to being able to add some very impressive figures.
We’ve also been working on reading and writing and have made some decent progress there too. Even more impressive? I haven’t yelled at her or lost my temper once! I am so excited by my newfound patience that it almost deserves to be #5…but instead….
5. I finally registered for a formspring account. I am excited to see what (if any) questions people have for me. So go ahead…make my day and Ask Me Anything.