7 Random Things
This morning I asked Maya to choose a number between 1 and 28 to determine who would win L.A. Candy…and she said “Table of Contents Mama!” Okay so I think we need to work on our numbers and listening skills a bit. I asked her again and she picked number 19!
Spiceaholic, I hope you enjoy this book! Please email me your full name and address so I can mail it to you.
Today I attended my first blogger meet up at Veggie Grill in Hollywood. Thank you Lynn for sending me this picture!
From left to right I met Lynn (The Actors Diet), Kate (Cooking with Kate), Mimi (Damn the Freshman 15), Kathryn (Froyoaholics), Christy (The Actors Diet), Sophia (Burp and Slurp), Erin (Living and Loving in L.A.), me, and Suzanne (Trying to Maintain).
I had no idea there are so many bloggers near me! I was thrilled to meet so many nice people today and I hope we can meet up again soon.
At Veggie Grill I ordered the Baja Fiesta Salad (Chopped romaine, papaya, avocado, roasted corn salsa, quinoa, cucumber, and cilantro with a ginger-papaya vinaigrette):
It was just okay. Nothing special. It just wasn’t very filling for some reason. And I forgot to ask for it without the chips so I had to eat around them (gluten allergy). But the company certainly made up for the average food!
Speaking of nice bloggers, several blogger have sent me this award:
And I have been very lax in thinking of seven random facts about me. Well I finally came up with the following:
1. I have terrible eye sight and have to wear contacts or glasses just to see my hand in front of my face. I’d like to thank my father for this!
2. Even after having an ultrasound I didn’t believe I was having a girl until the day Maya was born. I wanted a boy so badly that I was sure the doctor was wrong. Of course I can’t image having anything other than Maya now. What on earth would I have done with a boy?
3. I was held up at gunpoint during my junior year at USC. The guy stole my laptop and backpack. Also during my four years at USC, my car was also badly keyed and one day when I exited the freeway near school a scary man reached into my open sunroof to try to grab my hair/head/earring? It is still a mystery. I had to run a red light to get away from him. Go Trojans!
4. Telling my parents I was held up was scarier than being held up. I “held” out as long as I could (haha).
5. I can’t seem to keep any of my plants alive for very long. I’m hoping to do better with my child. Four years and counting!
6. I don’t like lima beans or bananas.
7. I’ve always wanted to be a weather girl. Too bad I can’t speak in public to save my life, nor do I particularly excel in science. But one can dream, right?
I am supposed to send this to 7 other people… I’d be surprised if anyone other than me hasn’t done this so I pass this on to any commenters who have not yet received this award!
I also wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who reads this blog. I do appreciate each and every one of you. You have no idea how much your comments make my day!