The Good and the Bad

January 14, 2010

The Good – During my lunch break I took some time to educate myself on how to be a better parent:

The Bad – I was at the Dentist during my lunch break.  Again.

The Good – Yesterday’s rain was a distant memory and the weather was beautiful today:

The Bad – It was about 85 degrees in our condo this afternoon which means that our thermostat probably needs to be replaced soon.

The Good – Maya and I took a trip to Borders to buy her some books:

The Bad – Despite my better judgment I succumbed to buying a book authored by an MTV reality TV star

The Good – Maya and I paused for half a minute to think of others.  We picked up some reading material for Ali:

The Bad – Ali has been borrowing his dad’s car since his lease went back in the middle of last year and now he has 275 more vehicles to be indecisive about.

The Good – Maya kept busy in the bathtub for 40 minutes so I could organize a few of my shirts in rainbow order, on my new velvet hangers:

The Bad – My four-year-old likes to put yellow Tupperware on her head:

The good: Maya goes to bed at 8:30.

The bad: It’s only 8:03.

1. traynharder23 permalink
    January 14, 2010 8:21 pm

I KNOW! the rain left! thank goodness! and then sun’s back. HOORAYYY omg. we are soo bookstore twins. i was at borders on tuesday! the one in westwood, OF COURSE. =D

2. traynharder23 permalink
    January 14, 2010 8:36 pm

haha no no, my bday was 23rd december. i only said bday licks because someone said they owed me bday licks/pinches and i got them today. NO WORRIES.

it is such a nightmare when EVERY SINGLE FAMILY DECIDES TO NOT COOK AND EAT EVERY EVERY EVERY SAMPLE there! AUGH!

3. January 14, 2010 8:44 pm

OOH!! Tell me how the Lauren Conrad book is 🙂 I haven’t had the guts to buy it yet, so maybe your doing it will help me justify it, since you seem like such an educated lady 😉

Also the velvet hangers and warm weather (even though it’s a burden!!) makes me jealous. It was 50 in Dallas today, but it’s still not warm enough for this native Michigander 🙂

4. Stef @ moretolifethanlettuce permalink
    January 14, 2010 8:47 pm

i love this post, good/bad is fun to read! i am so envious of the view from your house…

5. January 14, 2010 9:24 pm

cute post! I almost bought LC’s book TODAY at Barnes – you’ll have to let me know how it is!

6. January 15, 2010 2:41 am

I love arranging clothes by colors too! Looking at the gradient – from reds to blues – is just so soothing on the eyes. Haha. Nice view from your apartment!

7. January 15, 2010 3:02 am

I want I want one more book review by Maya – on Fancy Nancy! 😀

• January 15, 2010 1:58 pm

Jenna, Maya can’t wait to do another book. She just LOVES to be the center of attention!!

8. January 15, 2010 5:16 am

I love this post. You are always so creative! I almost -almost- bought that Lauren Conrad book — but something about the whole MTV thing annoys me..so I didnt…but I read my fair share of “non-deep” books 🙂

9. January 15, 2010 5:26 am

ha, ha…I just book LA candy on hold at the library to check out. No shame!

10. January 15, 2010 5:57 am

AGHG! LA Candy!!! I’ve been secretly (okay, not so secretly) dying to read that! You’ll have to do a review when you finish it…I’m sure it will be life-changing 🙂

11. January 15, 2010 7:19 am

Hehe… I love good&bad days and I totally organize my closet by color 🙂

You just reminded me I need to hit up a bookstore… very soon…

12. January 15, 2010 7:37 am

That’s funny. It gives new meaning to the 7 pm bedtime we had as kids. Also, those velvet hangers are amazing—no hanger marks on the arms and more room for more clothes!

13. January 15, 2010 7:40 am

One other thing – your closet is beautiful – my looks the exact opposite from that!

14. January 15, 2010 10:09 am

haha awesome. The book kinda cracked me up=) Awesome picture of L.A though. I am so glad we are doe with all this rain. Bring on the sunshine!! Have a great day!!

15. January 15, 2010 10:54 am

Fun post! I organize my clothes my color too 🙂

16. January 15, 2010 11:00 am

Love the topperware hat. I need a good book for Tuesday.. I have Jury Duty.. any suggestions?

• January 15, 2010 1:59 pm

I could give you suggestions all day long because I LOVE to read but here is a short list:

Anything by Jodi Picoult, Sophie Kinsella or Jane Green will make the time fly by. Have you read any of the Indian authors? Jhumpa Lahiri, Monica Ali, Sonia Singh? Those are great too!

17. January 15, 2010 11:40 am

LOL to Maya’s stylish hat!!!! LOL

January 15, 2010 11:50 am

You’re gonna have to tell me how Lauren Conrad’s book is.
    I secretly want to read it.

19. January 15, 2010 11:50 am

Haha what’s so bad about tupperware on the head?
    I rainbow order my clothes too- Looks beautiful! Organised closets are so inspiring!

20. January 15, 2010 11:53 am

Aw, thanks for your kind words and for visiting my blog! I love your color-coordinated closet! How was LA Candy?

• January 15, 2010 2:02 pm

I plan to read it this weekend and will review it next week!

21. January 15, 2010 12:57 pm

I have those same hangers! Love ’em!!

I also love Fancy Nancy and Amelia Bedelia books!! 🙂 Teacher approved!!

22. erintakescontrol permalink
    January 15, 2010 1:30 pm

My closet is White, Tan/Khaki/Lt. Brown, ROYGBIV, Brown, Black! YAY, I’m not the only one!!!

23. January 15, 2010 6:23 pm

Can’t wait to hear what you think of LA Candy – I’m always tempted to buy it, but haven’t yet!

24. Lynn at The Actors Diet permalink
    January 15, 2010 6:33 pm

i think that’s hilarious you bought lauren conrad’s book – i’ll admit i did look through it at barnes and noble the other day….

25. Danielle permalink
    January 15, 2010 7:15 pm

At least you didn’t buy Heidi Montag’s book! (Does she have a book? lets hope not…)
    I would love for it to be 85 degrees over here. Seriously!

• January 15, 2010 7:42 pm

She DOES have a book. I heard her and Spencer have one called How to Be Famous. Oh my.

But I kind of want to read LC’s book too. And Fancy Nancy is one of my fave kids books (and I have no kids)!

26. January 15, 2010 10:43 pm

Can you please let me know how the book by Lauren is? Haha, I wanted to get it too!

I would take 85 degrees now!

XXOO

27. January 16, 2010 6:57 pm

The good: put a big ole smile on my tired face! LOVED your post today and the yellow tupperware bowl too!