7 Things I Learned Today
My dad always said that a day without learning at least one thing is a completely wasted day. He also said that I think like an accounting clerk and I was destined to flip burgers at McDonald’s. Needless to say that I learned a long time ago to chalk most of his comments up to some crazy type of reverse psychology that he must have learned in India. So instead of getting upset I simply turn whatever I can into a positive.
So Abou (aka Dad) here are the things I learned today:
2. Maya lies when she says she’ll turn her head to cough. She will always end up coughing on the clean silverware she is “helping” me empty from the dishwasher.
3. You don’t need to spend a lot of money to get a good conditioner. This one rocks the socks off of the expensive Aveda stuff I bought. It might have a few unsavory ingredients but I’m going to pretend they aren’t there. Jillian I tried to Master My Metabolism by buying things with natural ingredients but they just can’t control the giant disaster called my hair.
4. Dr. Seuss is scary. My brother was right when he said that children shouldn’t be read a story about spooky green pants riding a bicycle with no head or limbs attached. I hope Maya won’t need counseling in the future.
5. Anything is palatable with Trader Joe’s salsa on it. Anything.
6. My dad is really funny in his old age.
7. It’s okay to shut your computer down after typing for 8 hours and watch Top Chef instead. Take note of this one Abou. It is okay to shut your computer down!!