16 years

June 10, 2016

Two posts in two days?

I know. It’s far too much sarcasm for one week. But I couldn’t let today go by without mentioning it’s our 16th wedding anniversary.

(Don’t worry, I’ll keep it short and in bullet form.)

dscn0971

A recycled picture of a picture. This was before the digital age.

Some thoughts:

• It’s hard to believe that 16 years ago today we thought we were old enough to get married.
  • I still wish I hadn’t spent a small fortune on a dress that didn’t fit me very well, and that I’m never going to wear again.
dscn10052

Outside of the Regent Beverly Wilshire, where we were married.

• Ali left his socks on the floor everyday of our honeymoon. He left his socks on the floor last night. He will never stop leaving his socks on the floor. I have yet to come to terms with that.
  • I have also not come to terms with the word husband, which still sounds strange to me. (I won’t even get started on the strangeness of the word daughter…)

I asked my husband if he had any thoughts for the blog on it being our 16th anniversary: “It’s our Sweet Sixteen,” he said before he walked out the door without a goodbye.

And that about sums it up.

1. June 10, 2016 10:18 am

Happy Anniversary Ameena and Ali:) May your next 16 years be just as sweet!

2. June 10, 2016 10:21 am

happy anniversary, by 16 you appreciate sweetness and maybe ignore the socks? Maybe not. Marc’s chewing still bugs me, 18 years on mon. My boys leave 24th, can we do our summer walk?

• June 10, 2016 10:56 am

Would love to see you Lauren, just let me know when and where. We can discuss the chewing…

3. June 10, 2016 10:25 am

Happy Anniversary to you both! And that sounds about right for a reaction. I guess it’s better than a simple “no” response.

• June 10, 2016 10:55 am

Thank you Jenna….it’s rarely a simple “no” around here…

4. Fran Stiles permalink
    June 10, 2016 11:14 am

You are beautiful as always. Happy Anniversary, Ameena and Ali!

5. June 10, 2016 12:28 pm

Congrats! That is a long time so you must be doing something right…despite the whole socks of the floor thing. My husband does the same…well, he also leaves a lot of other things on the floor too, and I am learning to accept it will never change. : )

• June 11, 2016 4:19 am

Ali leaves all kinds of stuff on the floor but somehow it’s the socks that push me over the edge. LOL

6. June 10, 2016 2:04 pm

Happy anniversary! Luckily, my husband picks up his socks. It’s my son who discards them wherever he pleases LOL.

• June 11, 2016 4:18 am

If it’s any consolation Maya throws her socks wherever she pleases as well. She takes after her father…

7. June 10, 2016 8:08 pm

Wow Ameena. I am so shocked. Words fail me

8. June 10, 2016 8:10 pm

Awwww happy anniversary Ameena. May you have zillion more and Ali puts the socks where they belong in chest of draws. I love this pic. Best wishes from my mother in Islamabad

• June 11, 2016 4:16 am

Thank you Maha! I hope that Ramadan is going well for you and your family!

9. June 10, 2016 11:47 pm

Wish you both a very Happy Anniversary! May you have many many more – socks and all!

• June 11, 2016 4:14 am

Thank you Fab! Such a nice comment, I appreciate it!

10. June 11, 2016 2:51 am

Happy Anniversary! I love the pictures, you guys look great!

• June 11, 2016 4:14 am

Thank you A! I hope that Ramadan is going well for you my friend. Day 6….

11. June 13, 2016 8:21 am

Happy Anniversary!! You guys look gorgeous! God bless!

12. June 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Happy Anniversary!!! Your photos are beautiful.

13. June 23, 2016 9:02 pm

Happy belated anniversary!! What a lovely couple 🙂 Beautiful shots!

14. Zainab permalink
    June 24, 2016 4:40 pm

Happy Anniversary – we also celebrated our sixteenth couple of months back. Wishing you and Ali many more to come.
    Can I be a bit nosy and ask did u also have a nikah ?
    Xox

15. July 27, 2017 11:35 am

Awww you were a beautiful bride Ameena! You’re both youngster at this marriage game though – 21 years and still going strong (and my wife rolls her eyes at me as much as you do with your hubster ha ha!)