the most ridiculous post ever
I didn’t get too much done this past week.
This was mostly because I was preoccupied with important things like tracking where a certain someone’s red swimming trunks might turn up next.
- Sunday: Ali and Maya go swimming. Clean red swimming trunks make their way from Ali’s closet to the pool. Upon his return they are relegated to the hallway floor.
- Monday: Wet red swimming trunks remain on the hallway floor.
- Tuesday: Housekeeper comes, picks up damp red swimming trunks. Cleans the hallway floor. Puts damp red swimming trunks back on the hallway floor.
- Wednesday: Damp red swimming trunks get moved to the bathroom tub. This is only because I said, “Is there any particular reason why your swimming stuff is sitting by the front door? It’s been 3 days.”
- Thursday: Red swimming trunks are finally dry and can now be put in the hamper! But then Ali takes a shower and the swimming trunks get wet again. Back to square one.
- Friday: Damp red swimming trunks turn up in a corner of the bedroom that I rarely frequent. This is because this particular corner is slightly out of my line of vision and thus serves as a dumping ground for things Ali doesn’t know what to do with. Like his damp red swimming trunks.
On Saturday a mostly dry pair of red swimming trunks turn up under my nightstand. I understandably lose my @#$#.
- Me: “Why are your swimming trunks under my nightstand?”
- Ali: “Because they’re slowly making their way across the room. That’s why.”
So many questions. So little time.
Mostly I’m just fascinated that Ali said the above with complete conviction and a straight face. Fascinated.