things i won’t miss
I’m trying really hard to think of reasons why I don’t like Europe so that I can lessen the blow of being back home.
Here’s what I won’t miss:
- Having to order bottled water at meal times. After 9 days and approximately $150, I am very much over the European bottled water monopoly. L.A.’s polluted tap water? Yes please.
- Wearing all black ensembles. Did I ever mention my packing strategy? 99% of the stuff I pack is black – this means I don’t have a problem getting dressed in the morning and it maximizes coverage against Maya’s vomit. But after 9 days I’m very excited to have access to my entire closet again.
- Having to ask Maya, “Are you going to throw up?” every five seconds. As you may be able to tell, my world revolves around Maya and her barf. Sad but true.
- Eating at ridiculous times. Who eats dinner at 9:30 pm? I don’t get that about Spain. I need to eat by 7:30 pm otherwise I feel disgusting going to bed on a full stomach. Is it just me?
- The scarcity of butter. I love butter. I actually sometimes just eat it straight up – I know how gross that is but I can’t stop. So you can imagine my frustration in Europe where they grudgingly hand you a dainty sliver and get annoyed when you ask for more. My butter dish and I are reunited – and it feels so good.