Stick to Modeling Gisele. Please.

August 4, 2010

I hate confrontation.  Just thinking about it puts me in an anxious mood and gives me shivers of fear.  Unless of course the confrontation involves Ali or Maya, in which case I actually look forward to a showdown.

Yes, I really need to find a better hobby.

Anyway, as much as I hate confrontation I have no problem addressing an issue behind someone’s back, which is probably worse than doing it face to face.  What can I say?  I am a very flawed human being.

So on that note…Gisele?  As tired of the breastfeeding debate as I am, I really must address a few things you mentioned in an article I read on CNN about how you want a worldwide law to mandate that mothers nurse their newborns for at least 6 months.

I am not aligned with either side of the nursing versus formula debate, instead I will say that I AM a proponent of each person doing whatever works for them.

After I stopped laughing at the irony that a model was lecturing us on nourishment of all things, I had to wonder what you propose for moms who are physically unable to abide by your brilliant law?  What if someone is on medication?  Or God forbid is sick with HIV?  Do you plan to enlist the La Leche League’s help to cite these offenders?

In the article you ask “Are you going to give chemical food to your child, when they are so little?”  Well Gisele, my daughter was raised on the best that Nestle has to offer and she turned out just fine.  Oh, and for the record?  Nestle Good Start wasn’t just a bundle of “chemicals” but what I’d like to call a godsend in an aluminum can.

Gisele, you are gorgeous, you have a fabulous body, hair that I would kill for, and a hot husband.  But you’ve been a mom for what, 5 minutes?  Maybe you should wait a bit longer before dispensing advice on how to be a model mother (pun intended).

And please do remember that the rest of us mom’s out there?  The jealous ones with frizzy hair and dark undereye circles?  Well, we’re just doing the best we can.

Surely that counts for something?

1. August 5, 2010 3:11 am

And we don’t have so much money at our disposal to have nannies help out all the time. We’re mothers. Not wet nurses who feed the child, coo a few minutes, and then pass the baby off. I’m not sure if that’s the case for her, but I hate when celebrity moms pour out their advice when I’m sure quite a few of them aren’t even involved in their kids lives.

I did breastfeed Makenzie for almost 8 months, but I would have had no problem if there was a reason I couldn’t. That happens and that does not make anyone a bad mom.

2. August 5, 2010 3:39 am

Ugh, she gets on my NERVES!!!! How about when she said that her baby was already potty-trained (this was at about three months, I think), and that giving birth “didn’t hurt at all.” So obnoxious.

3. August 5, 2010 3:58 am

I heard about this and think it is very ridiculous. Every single person has a right to their own choice. Before you know it an issue like breastfeeding will be just as controversial as same-sex-marriage and abortion…

4. August 5, 2010 4:07 am

Totally agree with you. I hate when people start something themselves and all of a sudden get self-righteous about it. There are just so many flaws in what she said – common sense wise – and alot of women either can’t do it – or don’t want to do it! It’s their choice.

And, yes, I desperately want her hair as well.

5. August 5, 2010 4:13 am

What about babies who are adopted? It’s not like I was able to turn my breasts on for our daughter when we brought her home.

I think the potty training thing is pretty typical European. My mom said the same thing about us. All it meant was that she watched us VERY closely and learned the scrunched up face sign that meant we were about to go so she stripped of the diaper and rushed us to the potty. It’s the parents that are trained at that age, not the kids. 🙂

6. August 5, 2010 4:26 am

Models can say some of the dumbest things. It’s the lack of proper nourishment; it affects the brain, you see. Quite sad, really…

You’re right, though. She really has no grounds to give advice considering she hasn’t even been a mother for very long. Like, it’s great that she enjoys breast-feeding her child, but that doesn’t mean that’s the only way to do it. She made her choice, and other mothers can make their ow. The important thing is that the child is getting properly fed; everything else is just minor details.

7. August 5, 2010 4:33 am

I read about this yesterday, too. Ridiculous. It makes me sad to think how she didn’t consider that some mothers want to breastfeed and can’t for a lot of reasons that she probably doesn’t even know about. Also, make this into a law? Really? How can you enforce something like this? I mean, breastfeeding is kind of a private thing, ya know.

I think her point would have been received much better if she just tried to encourage mothers to try it IF THEY CAN. And if it doesn’t work, try something else.

8. August 5, 2010 4:39 am

totally agreed! it’s one thing to help moms TRY to breastfeed, it’s an entirely different thing to MANDATE they do. she is a moron. and if she says one more thing about how easy breasy it is to me a mom, i’m gonna barf.

9. August 5, 2010 4:42 am

Oh goodness, celebrities who take a stand like this make my eyes roll dangerously far into my eye sockets. I love how the answer to everything is to make a law for it. Kids are too fat, let’s make a law that they have to eat five servings of fruits and vegetables daily! Kids love laws. Just look at how they pay attention to the over 21 drinking age. 🙂

10. August 5, 2010 4:47 am

It bothers me that she presents herself as having an effortlessly perfect life. She’s highly influential, so why doesn’t she ever discuss her struggles in an effort to help other people? Besides, I would only consider following Gisele’s “laws” if it meant that I could look like her. 😉

• August 5, 2010 6:19 am

Such a good point Laura! I would do whatever she dictated, if only I could look like her too.

11. August 5, 2010 4:49 am

I never really understand why celebrities insist on talking about such controversial things, especially when they do so in such a condescending way. To each her own! I think babies tend to turn out fine either way.

12. August 5, 2010 4:54 am

She is so annoying. I hate it when celebrities throw out there two cents like they’re experts on everything. I say MYOB Giselle.

13. August 5, 2010 5:46 am

what works for one may not for another….and usually there is a reason why behind it

14. August 5, 2010 5:52 am

I’ve started reading all the books and I can already tell this is a hot topic among mothers. I feel the same way as you Ameena. To each, her own. And like you said, there are medical reasons that women cannot breastfeed. I have PCOS and I’ve heard that sometimes women with PCOS don’t produce enough milk. I’m hoping that’s not my case, but if so, I’d hate to think I would be pentalized b/c of something I have no control over.

15. August 5, 2010 6:16 am

WORD!

August 5, 2010 6:17 am

Wow, I’m glad to know she is such an expert. I’m sure has read very thoroughly on the subject before announcing her opinion to the world.

I think this is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever heard. I hate when celebrities try and use their fame to get people to do what they want. Like when they say who to vote for. Hate that!
    I want to watch them act, hear them sing, or in this case look at pretty pictures of them. I don’t give a crap about their opinions.

17. August 5, 2010 6:25 am

ugh. people should just start living their own lives and keep their noses out of others business!

and you, my friend, are hilarious! i’m laughing so hard right now at your wit 🙂

18. August 5, 2010 6:34 am

If given the chance, you could totally tell this to Giselle to her face. I hate confrontation too, but seriously, someone needs to tell the woman what is up! And since when are laws worldwide? I mean, laws regarding how you feed your kids. gimme a break.

19. August 5, 2010 6:39 am

I really hate it when celebrities give their opinions on things that they really have no real knowledge of. Like when Tom Cruise went on that entire tirade saying that postpartum depression doesn’t exist. I was like-Tom, are you a woman? Have you ever given birth??

20. August 5, 2010 6:48 am

WOW, there are no words. what about if we HAVE to work. I spent months hiding in a vault pumping, paranoid I’d be walked in on AGAIN and all this for a measly 2 to 4 oz of breast milk that many times never made it to my son’s tummy.

why don’t we just make every possible effor to make formula as amazing as we can, so when we need it, we can know, with confidence, it’s a good product.

I don’t know any mom’s who don’t ache over this very issue and have to just do their best. It’s not a one size fits all world!

what if we just need HELP, and Dad wants to give a bottle (or gramma). OYE.

I think I’ll keep my dark circles and hips than turn into a gorgeous model who seems to have offended so many MOMS.

sheez

21. August 5, 2010 7:01 am

Well said Ameena, well said!

And I too love her hair..perhaps I’ll sell my firstborn in exchange for her locks 😉

22. August 5, 2010 7:13 am

You tell her Ameena!
    The “motherly advice” side of her is almost as annoying as GOOP.

• August 5, 2010 7:01 pm

I am a bit embarrassed to admit that I love GOOP. Please don’t hate me.

23. August 5, 2010 7:42 am

I think that Gisele, being the ‘influential beautiful woman’ that she is, needs to be a lot more careful about the things she says – when she was interviewed in Vogue after she gave birth she talked about how women often treat pregnancy as an excuse to become a “trash receptacle” and eat whatever the hell they want – ouch!

24. August 5, 2010 8:04 am

Maybe this latest article is a sign that the media needs to start talking to people of substance again – you know, folks who have actually done something to earn their fame.
    Her remarks were uneducated and a classic example of privilege influencing one’s world view. I have very little respect for her lifestyle and mode of money-making – too much consumption and an overall negative message to women and girls everywhere. Celebrities are so disconnected – their links to the real world seem to rarely go beyond whatever charity or non-profit they’re endorsing for a hot second.

25. August 5, 2010 8:13 am

Aw… I really have nothing against Gisele, even despite her silly-ness. It’s a lot like Natalie Portman’s late insistence that everyone convert to veganism. I don’t take celebrities seriously, especially not what they say regarding political, environmental, or social views. I think they have the capacity to bring certain matters to light (not by virtue of their merit but only because of their fame), but I kind of just leave it at that. Celebrities will always think they own the world. I don’t think that’ll ever change. People just have to learn not to take them too seriously. 🙂 As for me, I’d rather stick with the dark-circled, frizzy-haired bunch, anyways. 🙂

26. August 5, 2010 9:11 am

I love it, I love it, I love it – what would I do with my daily dose of chuckles from you? 🙂

I couldn’t get past “After I stopped laughing at the irony that a model was lecturing us on nourishment of all things”…..right you are, DARLIN’

Ciao, Devaki @ weavethousandflavors

27. August 5, 2010 9:39 am

Thank you for this, as virtually all of her comments irritate me. I agree that she is gorgeous, enviously so. But, she acts like she is a credible source for all things motherhood. When she was going on and on about her home birth, I was annoyed. And when she said she felt no pain? I wanted to slap her and I’m not even a woman who has been through childbirth. It’s silly for her to judge other parents. Just care about your own dumb kid and keep your opinions to yourself, Gisele.

28. August 5, 2010 9:46 am

I don’t even know where to start with this. I could write an essay regarding what she said but I won’t cause most of your readers have already pointed out the main point, everyone is different. It was extreme to suggest a law be created but I’m not a hater. People can say what they want, we just need to learn to read and move on. I breastfed both my kiddies till 14 months but have always told my friends who ask for advice to do what they feel they need to do. There is no right or wrong way. Everybody’s needs and situations are different. The most important thing is never judge others, even if you have been in their shoes.

29. August 5, 2010 9:47 am

ugh I saw this and was instantly annoyed despite not being a mother and having no opinion on the breastfeeding debate. All I know is that when I am a mother I will not appreciate some idiot model telling me how to be a good parent. No thank you!

See you Saturday!

30. Nancy permalink
    August 5, 2010 10:04 am

Wow…it seems some of the people here are giving out the very quick judgement that they’re accusing Giselle of.
    Giselle never said every mother should breast-feed regardless of her physical condition. Do you guys really think she’d force a mother who is taking seizure medicine9or whatever) to breast feed her baby. I mean, really….it’s common sense that you don’t in such cases.
    P.S: Please feel free to correct my English, Ameena. It is not my first language either.

• August 5, 2010 11:58 am

Nancy – Thanks for your comment. While I agree that Gisele probably wasn’t referring to mothers who have physical reasons not to nurse, my point is that someone in her position should avoid making blanket statements that may offend others who are doing the best they can. PS – I took out my sentence criticizing her English…I’m certainly no grammar expert and I definitely shouldn’t be pointing fingers.

31. August 5, 2010 10:24 am

I know what you mean about the hating confrontation, Ameena – me too! I hadn’t heard the hoopla about Gisele’s breastfeeding “law”, but I’m annoyed that she has the gall to say that not breastfeeding should be punishable by law. Um, free choice? Even though breastfeeding has benefits for babies’ health, not breastfeeding does not mean that your baby will be in trouble. It’s a joke that she would insist on bf when she has gobs of money and help at her disposal. What about the poor mothers who are forced to work several jobs, none of which allow breastfeeding at work? What if you are just physically unable to? No generalizations, please, Gisele.

In short, I agree with you, Ameena 🙂

32. August 5, 2010 10:43 am

Honestly, I get disgusted when people suggest we create laws regarding personal choices. Breastfeeding, gay marriage, etc. etc…to each his/her own. Do we really want to live in a police state? I’m pro feeding babies. Sure, I support/encourage breastfeeding, but I also realize 1. It came easily to me, and 2. Everyone has their own circumstances. Your title says it all: Stick to modeling.

33. August 5, 2010 12:06 pm

Whatever happened to freedom of choice? My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer when she was pregnant with me and her doctors urged her not to breastfeed me so she could start chemo right after my birth.. But she refused and breast feed me for about eight months and then it was nestle for me (or carnation, but is that the same company?). I am gonna forgive gisele, I dont think she meant it, I mean, she doesn;t speak english very well….maybe it was the language barrier?

34. August 5, 2010 1:54 pm

I am 100% in agreement with you on this one. Does she have any background in science, physiology or nursing. Personally, I think even if someone does not want to breastfeed, and there is no contraindication, they should at least do it with the initial milk, as this is the colostrum and passes on anitbodies from the mom to baby which will boost immunity among other things. So, even if they have reasons for not breast feeding, this can make a difference with just the colostrum. Plus, what about people who physically can not. Does she want to pay for corrective surgery too to correct any errors with nipples that make breast feeding near impossible? Does she understand there are tons of people who want to, but can’t? What if the mother, heaven forbid, passes away during childbirth? Now the baby needs to be breast fed…how does she expect the father to do this?

35. August 5, 2010 2:02 pm

I agree with some prior commenters that Gisele probably didn’t have bad intentions with this statement, but I do see how her words could be quite offensive. A law requiring breast feeding? That’s just silly. Everyone should have the freedom to make their own choices, and sometimes there is no other choice when you are simply not able to breast feed. That does not make you a bad mom in any way. I’m also bothered by what she said about women using pregnancy as an excuse to eat garbage. Obviously it’s important to eat healthy, but she has a holier-than-thou attitude…or at least that is the way she appears. Then again, I try not to take the words of celebrities very seriously. Honestly, what does Gisele know anyway? She’s not exactly an expert.

36. Leslie permalink
    August 5, 2010 2:36 pm

When I heard this story about Gisele, my first thought was, “What brilliant self-promotion?” Giving birth is usually a death-knell for a modeling career, except maybe for Heidi Klum. Here’s Gisele proposing a law about breast-feeding, and it seemed that every news organization felt compelled to show her in a low-cut top with her breasts prominently displayed. All that publicity, emphasizing her body… for free.

Also, her former competition, Bridget Moynahan has been front and center in a number of magazines and Hollywood news shows while promoting her new tv series which debuts in the fall. Moynahan was pregnant with Tom Brady’s son when he broke up with her to date Gisele. I can’t help think that there’s some desire on Mrs. Brady’s part to upstage the other mother in that threesome.

In sum, my personal opinion is that this was about publicity more than a personal passion to make the world’s children healthier.

37. eatmovewrite permalink
    August 5, 2010 2:53 pm

I am a huge advocate of breastfeeding, but then I’m not a mother yet AND I’m just one person. I think people get so wrapped up in one single moment of their own lives that they find it hard to see that there are lots of other people simultaneously just living their own (less-glamorous) lives. It’s out of touch to mandate things like that.

38. August 5, 2010 3:25 pm

I completely agree with you (and I would kill for her hair too!). But she should stick with what she’s good at! 🙂

39. highonhealthy permalink
    August 5, 2010 3:44 pm

Seriously Gisele? Seriously? I don’t know what it is but it seems like a lot of famous people are full of shizz. Are the born like that or does fame fry their brains? I’d really like to know.

40. Hassan permalink
    August 5, 2010 6:12 pm

I have no opinion on breastfeeding since I am a man, however, I do think celebrities need to stop propping themselves up on the soap box to make a point. I am all for raising awareness of causes and issues, but there is an educational way to do it without coming across as condescending. It becomes worse when many of these celebs have minimal knowledge on the issues, but feel the need to thrust themselves into the debate for purposes of publicity. Irrespective of what side of the aisle you find yourself on, I think its comical that many celebs come out of nowhere during the political season (eg Ashton Kutcher) and encourage you to vote for someone. The likelihood of them even having some semblance of the issues is very low and they only deflate the legitimacy of the issues by being involved.

41. August 5, 2010 6:30 pm

I totally agree. Models, just stick with what you’re good at, and that’s looking pretty. It’s an affront to all mothers when a new mother start lecturing like that. I’ve never been a mommy, so I won’t even dare pretend I know what I’m talking about regarding this issue, though.

42. August 5, 2010 7:32 pm

If I could say one thing that I dislike about certain people, it has to be the imposition of their opinions on others. Why comment on something like breast feeding. Now a few month old mum will explain the seasoned ones what is best for their babies/kids. Really?!

43. August 5, 2010 8:16 pm

Oh let’s challenge Giselle if she will donate $1milliion to breast cancer research or to some real good causes to really help others.

44. August 5, 2010 8:27 pm

I feel like there should be law that people in the public eye should never make blanket statements. Only “we” can.

45. louisianagrown permalink
    August 6, 2010 3:27 am

What about all of the children who just plain old aren’t sucking enough from breast feeding and wouldn’t survive without formula? There are so many reasons why her statement was unintelligent.

46. August 6, 2010 4:15 am

I agree with you, there are so many reasons that breastfeeding could be UNhealthy.

47. August 6, 2010 4:45 am

as a mom who really wanted to breastfeed.. and tried.. and failed.. what would happen to me under Gisele’s law? lol
    i was a single mom, 19 years old, no $400 pump to get breast milk out and state insurance (see single & 19) didnt cover La Leche. So with $34 in my bank account I went and applied for WIC – free formula.
    also with my -$50 in my bank account 6 weeks later- i went back to work.. and working as a waitress you dont even get a break to stand still, let alone pump. i would have been fired for taking a pump break (now i could claim disrimination, etc.. but again, see single & 19).

breast is the BEST for infants i agree.. but Peanut has never been seriously ill. never ever had an ear infection. only suffers from the occasional flare up of ezcema.. oh, and she went to day care too- and rarely got sick too!
    then i think of all the moms whos kids are sick ALL the time, even when they stay at home with them and follow them around with Lysol and hand sanitzer- the same mothers who breastfeed till 12 months.. and im like.. “hey.. i must have done something right!”

why can people not remember that NO ONE is EXACTLY the same? every MOTHER is different and every BABY is different too- do what you have to do for YOUR baby!!!!!! not your mother in laws baby, not your neighbors baby, not that nosy hen sitting on the bus’s baby.. and NOT gisele’s baby either! yours!!!!

ok.. i gotta chill… lol

• August 7, 2010 8:28 am

Wow Amy, I have no idea how you did it…you were 19-years-old! I am seriously in admiration at how you managed to juggle everything at such a young age. I need to stop complaining. Maya never had an ear infection either and rarely got sick, despite being in daycare and being on formula. Obviously formula isn’t the worst thing in the world!

48. August 6, 2010 5:00 am

If you have tons of Nannies you can put lot of rule. I am stay at home mom. My baby breast fed only for 6 months. after i even try to pump and give her. I found that is causing pain in my breast, if baby had from it is okay. Otherwise it is hurting like a hell. So i stopped and she was given formula and now 15 months she is taking all table food. So don’t put any rule celebrities.

49. August 6, 2010 6:58 pm

omg i was reading what she said on one of my celeb gossip columns and the first thing i said was “why the heck is it that when someone finds somethnig that works for them, they automatically think its the ‘best and only way’ for everyone else to live!!! WTH right!

50. August 6, 2010 7:43 pm

Ugh, Gisele needs to stop talking about motherhood in general! I remember reading that she said giving birth “didn’t hurt one bit!” Yeah, right!! Stop trying to make other mothers feel bad. Maybe it didn’t hurt her. Or maybe she just doesn’t remember. Or maybe she’s flat-out lying!

Probably doesn’t make anyone feel good that she went back to modeling only TWO months after giving birth, either!

As much as I would LOVE to exclusively feed my baby breast milk for as long as possible, I have no idea how my body will work! My sister-in-law had a lot of trouble producing breast milk, and had to feed her baby formula for a week before her milk came in! You never know what’s going to happen… and you certainly can’t make breast feeding a LAW! Crazy…

51. August 7, 2010 2:21 am

I love this post – I hadn’t seen the article but your point of view makes complete sense!

52. August 7, 2010 4:03 am

Amen sista! What works for one person, doesn’t work for everyone.

Also, I’ll join you in the flawed human category.

53. August 7, 2010 7:42 am

I hate when people put their personal preferences on other people!!!

54. August 7, 2010 9:24 am

I agree daaaaahling, and you know what, i wouldn’t be surprised if she was one of those ladies who had a little nip and tummy tuck after giving birth either. 😛

55. August 7, 2010 11:21 am

I needed to use formula also for my daughter. She is a brilliant 28 year old. 🙂 Even if I hadn’t needed to, I feel every mother should do what is the most comfortable for them. No one should tell another what they HAVE to do.

56. August 7, 2010 12:57 pm

I totally agree. A model’s the LAST person that should be giving tips on nourishment.

57. izzy permalink
    August 7, 2010 3:47 pm

WOOT, Ameena! Though I’m not a mother myself, I was breastfed only for about a month when my mum go pretty sick and was advised to stop. Would it have been smarter for her to continue breastfeeding and possibly have her infant child contract this virus? Me thinks NOT.

Plus, is Giselle (who’s supposedly 130 lb and 5’11”) not one of the billions of starlets who’s gone on every cabbage, low-carb, over-exercise diet under the sun? And is now lecturing us on good health? Right. Of course.

izzyy
    xox

58. August 7, 2010 11:16 pm

I have a really narrow view of celebrities like Giselle, who are ridiculously good looking and rich, that they should just be disregarded. I’m trying to change this, as I think that her comment wasn’t meant to be so taken so seriously, but when I read this on CNN I didn’t think twice about it. What do they know about living and getting by like the rest of us? I totally get where your post came from and I thought it was really legit and well written.
    I liked a previous comment that had to do with only listening to her advice if it means it means I can look as good as she does 🙂 lol.

59. August 8, 2010 2:35 pm

i just found your blog + really like it + really like you, so i hate posting a comment here that is slightly negative, but…

i find it very hypocritical for part of your post, and the comments of people here, to make blanket statements about models + celebrities, in response to being angered by them making blanket statements about motherhood, health etc.

you said, “a model was lecturing us on nourishment of all things,” – judging + assuming she was unhealthy, did not know of nutrition, etc. you’re mad she judged your life, but you did the same right back, as did multiple commenters here.

a commenter said, “a model is the last person that should be giving health advice”. why? she’s not a nutiritionist or a doctor or even a professional athlete of course, but is she less knowledgeable than a newscaster, my city’s mayor, a famous singer or even my own mother? is she a worse source of info on personal health than the majority of americans who eat fast food daily + are overweight or obsese?

another said, “Plus, is Giselle (who’s supposedly 130 lb and 5’11″) not one of the billions of starlets who’s gone on every cabbage, low-carb, over-exercise diet under the sun? And is now lecturing us on good health? Right. Of course.” woah! since when is 5’11” + 130lbs an inappropriate combo? actually 133lbs at 5’11” would give her a BMI that fits right into the “normal weight” category, widely accepted by the health industry.

i am not a mother. i do not have a direct or emotional opinion on this subject. so i do try to understand how it really hits to you and your commenters’, cores when people say things on this subject… however, i just think that when you fight ignorance with ignorance, it does nothing to help your point or further a true discussion.

• Nancy permalink
      August 8, 2010 7:01 pm

Thank you for the nicely worded response. I agree with you completely!

60. August 9, 2010 2:41 am

Thanks SO much for stirring up some controversy, Madam. I agree completely. While I think that breastfeeding is ideal, I also think that there are human contingencies to take into account, especially professional ones. If a woman is unable to breast feed, or she has work conflicts, that’s her prerogative, period, and I hate the idea that all women should be held to some ridiculous standard, set by a model, no less.

61. August 9, 2010 6:22 pm

Giselle the dictator! You know, if there is anything I’ve learned in life so far, it’s that I don’t know everything. I don’t even know everything for myself, so how I can I ‘demand’ in the form of a law what others should do? Dat girl crazy (smile)…

62. February 10, 2012 2:11 pm

I just read on another blog about a mom who was ‘confessing’ that she was still breastfeeding her child- and she said she hated that she had to feel ‘bad’ for breast feeding for so long. And now to read about someone ‘forcing’ people to breast feed for a certain time length– I think it all comes back to your post on MYOB- I wish MORE people would do just that- MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS….I had three children and my first and last one I was able to breast feed for a good length of time- but my second daughter I had a horrible string of health issues and was unable to breast feed past 2 months- and boy the criticism I received- I almost wanted to ‘pretend’ to be breastfeeding- until I realized it was NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS- and believe me, I thanked God for every type of formula there was at the time….my youngest daughter I breast feed her for TOO long until people were criticizing me for that- so I was scratching my head thinking, “boy you can’t win- no matter what you do”.

• February 11, 2012 11:08 am

Agreed. You definitely can’t win – no matter what you do!

In any case, I just want to note that you are a star for being able to nurse not just one but three kids! Seriously, the fact that you even tried really impresses me because I know what a challenge it can be.

1. A Week of Firsts « Fancy That…Fancy This