Round 2 – The Good and the Bad

January 22, 2010

The Good: The sun came out this morning after four straight days of rain:

The Bad: That was all we saw of the sun today.  Five minutes later it started raining and it hasn’t stopped since.

The Good: The doctor told Ali this morning that his chest pains are not an indication of a heart attack.

The Bad: He too is now banned from eating bread and pretty much all other carbs.  Between the two of us and all our dietary restrictions eating out is now going to be impossible.

The Good: I am a better wife than I thought…I walked in a downpour to get Ali the lunch of champions – Lentil Soup from Corner Bakery and drugs from CVS.

The Bad: Instead of saying thank you for battling the harsh winter conditions, Ali informed me that I bought the wrong Sudafed.

The Good: I didn’t push him off the balcony.

The Bad: He is still here and is asking me where the receipt is.  I think he expects me to rush back and exchange it.

The Good: I had every intention of making something other than eggs and defrosted vegetables for lunch.  I even researched a good recipe for Butternut Squash Soup.

The Bad: I was too busy putting my husband’s drug addiction before my own needs.  At 1:30 I gave up all hopes of soup and had….you guessed it.  Scrambled eggs and defrosted vegetables!

The Good: When I went to pick Maya up from school the temperature had risen to nearly 60 degrees!

The Bad: While taking the above picture I happened to notice that a little yellow light in the shape of an engine was lit up.  That can’t be good.

The Good: Maya had a great time at the Play Place and this time she left with all her teeth intact.

The Bad:  A lady I had never met before decided to give me a lecture about how I would “absolutely regret it I didn’t have more children.”

The Good: I am excited that twenty-four of my readers want to take L.A. Candy off my hands.

The Bad: Only twenty-four of my readers want a free book?  If you are interested it’s not too late to enter!

1. January 22, 2010 8:19 pm

Oh my- it must be tough having to deal with dietary restrictions. At least your hair will look amazing. I am sure your parents tired to put egg in your hair- all brown parents do.

2. January 22, 2010 8:45 pm

Your post makes me laugh! At least you saw the sun today – I must have missed it’s quick debut, because all I saw was downpour all day. I guess if you are really desperate to get rid of “LA Candy” I will gladly take it off your hands – at least then, when my husband gives me grief for reading it, I can assure him I didn’t buy it 😉

3. January 22, 2010 8:49 pm

Hahah! I think I definitely would have pushed him off. Maybe not the balcony. OKay, maybe a big, painful PINCH is what he needs?

Damn LA weather. I never thought I’ll be saying that!

4. January 23, 2010 3:37 am

Um, if I haven’t put in I want to read LA candy!

5. January 23, 2010 4:25 am

Your husband is luckier than mine– I would have pushed him off!

So sorry that the sun only came out as a tease 😦 Maybe things will be sunnier today?

6. January 23, 2010 5:19 am

I can’t believe that woman told you that about having more kids!?

I really hope the rain will stop soon for you and the sun stays 🙂

7. January 23, 2010 5:32 am

This post is so creative , love it. Hope your hubby feels better soon…and always good to have a daughter with all teeth is good shape!
    Neat post Ameena…and I will trade weather with you any day.

8. January 23, 2010 6:32 am

Ha! I want to read about the lady telling you to have more children. Kuckoo!

Ha. We have SO MANY different kinds of sudafed in our house. They make so many! Last time, we went to the pharmacist and bought the stuff with actual sufedren in it, so it would actually do something. Hope your husband is feeling better soon. And… wow, good luck with the new diet for him!

• January 23, 2010 8:54 pm

My husband will be happy to share and swap stories about Sudafed. He is addicted!

9. January 23, 2010 7:08 am

Wow that really sucks about your husband’s dietary restrictions… but at least he avoided plummeting off the balcony and is alive to have those restrictions! Good job on the self control!

I’ll trade you weather! Even if it’s sunless and raining! I’m tired of the snow…

10. January 23, 2010 7:10 am

I hope your car is ok! I always freak out when those lights come on.

11. January 23, 2010 7:13 am

Whew, glad Ali is not at risk for a heart attack! That’s a relief.

12. January 23, 2010 7:36 am

Haha love the “I didn’t push him off the balcony.” But i’m glad that he is ok (meaning not at risk for a heart attack).

13. tra permalink
    January 23, 2010 8:04 am

Sorry about the drug mixup! that sounds like something my mom would say. YOU GOT THE WRONG DAMN DRUGS!

anyways…DO I SPY 103.5 on your radio?!?!? OMG! do you listen to love songs on the kost! coz i had one of my love thoughts AIRED!

sorry about the “check engine” light. YIKES!
    and yes, the rain was totally being schizo yesterday!

14. Danielle permalink
    January 23, 2010 8:26 am

Haha I like your sense of humor 🙂
    Are you allowed to eat gluten-free bread?? I’ve tried a lot of GF breads that are really good!

• January 23, 2010 8:55 pm

So far the gluten-free breads I have tried are just not good! If you have any suggestions of a good brand I would love to hear about them!

15. Stef @ moretolifethanlettuce permalink
    January 23, 2010 8:51 am

haha good thing he was spared a balcony-pushing-over. and that maya had all her little chompers intact. hope your weekend is full of more goods than bads!

16. January 23, 2010 8:59 am

I’m guilty of major Sudafed cravings. They usually come with a massive stuffed-up nose that makes you oblivious to anything else in the world.

Did you tell the woman at Play Place that she’s going to absolutely regret all of the kids she’s had when they hit puberty?

• January 23, 2010 8:56 pm

I wish I was quicker at the comebacks…that would have been a really good one!

17. January 23, 2010 10:23 am

Life is full of ups and downs….But, definitely more ups than downs. 🙂 Happy to hear your husband’s chest pains were not associated with a heart attack! 🙂

January 23, 2010 2:48 pm

I LOVE this post!!

Especially the not pushing him off the balcony part. Sometimes that takes a lot more restraint than people would think!!

19. January 23, 2010 4:27 pm

Oh my engine light is ALWAYS on. No biggie. haha

20. Lynn at The Actors Diet permalink
    January 23, 2010 6:16 pm

it’s beautiful out again and we get to meet tomorrow!!! good and good!!!

21. Ryan permalink
    January 25, 2010 8:20 am

The only BAD that matters: Doc says NO regular beer or hard liquor?!!

• January 25, 2010 10:41 am

Hi Ryan…I think Ali was a bit more upset about the bread and butter! Carbs are way more important than alcohol!