But apparently times have changed, because in addition to my daughter’s requests for regular dinners at Crustacean (complete with bottles of Pellegrino), it appears that my 7-year-old is now obsessed with Chanel.
After finding this note in Maya’s room a variety of thoughts ran through my mind. As I’m sure you can imagine.
- How interesting that Maya wrote a poem. And it was of her own volition. Points for creativity!
- Creativity aside…I’m a bit troubled that Maya is writing about Chanel. At age 7.
- I really had no idea what Chanel was all about until I met Ali’s mom. And I was 21.
- How did I not know what Chanel was until I was 21? This just seems…impossible. I suppose it’s no wonder that I was such a loser in high school.
- Wait. This isn’t about me. This is about Maya. And the fact that she writes notes about Chanel.
- And noes? For the love of God…do we still not know how to spell nose?
- And what did she mean by “hoes” anyway? This should probably concern me more than her fashion preferences. Not sure why it doesn’t.
Things have changed since I was a kid. I get that. But if it’s Chanel at 7 what’s it going to be at 17?