11 long shows.
Okay…I’m just going to come out and say it: I don’t enjoy sitting through Maya’s holiday extravaganzas.
Last week Maya was in no less than 11 shows. 11 shows! Not only did I have to shuttle her back and forth to rehearsal after rehearsal, and not only did I have to go on a lengthy scavenger hunt to purchase a suitable ensemble, but I also had to actually attend several of the shows.
Here were my thoughts during show #1:
- Maya was super cute during her 2 minute song. Wow. Was that her entire part?
- Do I really have to sit through 58 minutes more minutes of this?
- Wooden auditorium seats are really, really hard.
- This lady sitting next to me looks like she’s really enjoying this. Is she for real?
- She’s clapping like her life depended on it so I think she’s for real.
- I bet I’ll have 15 new work emails by the time this show is over. I could totally get through 15 emails in 58 minutes.
- I better not check my email. I would go ape sh#$ on Ali if he pulled out his phone during a school performance.
- It’s already 6:30 and the show was supposed to be over by 6. This really throws our evening schedule awry.
- Why have a printed program if you aren’t going to adhere to it?
- Holy sh#$ this chair is freaking hard.
- Why doesn’t anyone seem to be bothered that this show isn’t ending?
Allow me to give you an abbreviated version of my thought process during show #2: I’d rather be at work.